01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Does firmware v5.7.1 enable polygon shaped (not rectangular) privacy mask?

mmax

Hi, I'm looking for an ip camera that can handle non rectangular privacy mask.
I'm explicitly asking about firmware v5.7.1 because on the spec sheet v5.7 of some some camera they say: "Privacy Mask: 4 programmable polygon privacy masks"
To me, polygon means non-rectangular, but maybe it's just my fantasy...

I'm especially looking at the DS-2CD2083G2-IU camera: https://www.hikvision.com/en/produc...Cameras/Pro-Series-EasyIP-/ds-2cd2083g2-i-u-/
The '4 programmable polygon privacy masks' definition is reported both on the website, and on the data sheet.
From my research, this definition pop up only in the spec sheet updated for firmware 5.7.

Has anyone tried it?
Alternatively, do you know any camera that support arbitrary shaped privacy mask?

I've got v5.7.1 build 211009 running on a DS-2CD2547G2-LS and it's still the same rectangle as usual unfortunately. I would love it to be a polygon with more sides like the motion detection area is. What I don't know is if this would be different for your camera.

I've got v5.7.1 build 211009 running on a DS-2CD2547G2-LS and it's still the same rectangle as usual unfortunately. I would love it to be a polygon with more sides like the motion detection area is. What I don't know is if this would be different for your camera.
If they made it a polygon like the motion detection setup, it would probably reset itself at every update, reboot and change of wind direction the way it does with motion detection! Hikvision seem to be completely ignorant to a number of bugs. (I'm in one of my more cynical moods tonight)

If they made it a polygon like the motion detection setup, it would probably reset itself at every update, reboot and change of wind direction the way it does with motion detection! Hikvision seem to be completely ignorant to a number of bugs. (I'm in one of my more cynical moods tonight)
You're right. For the first two weeks I thought I was doing something wrong when I saw the motion detection area had changed/reset. It's about time it was fixed. That said, it doesn't seem to happen on that camera I mentioned above which is part of the new confusingly named (C)/G5 series.

You're right. For the first two weeks I thought I was doing something wrong when I saw the motion detection area had changed/reset. It's about time it was fixed. That said, it doesn't seem to happen on that camera I mentioned above which is part of the new confusingly named (C)/G5 series.
Yeah not so bad when it's your own system and you're aware of it. A bit more of an issue for me if I remotely update 10 cameras for someone and I don't where the shape was set previously. I'm going too see if I can track down when I first reported the issue on here. Use-IP put me in contact with a Hikvision Tech who was not aware of the issue and checked my system remotely - found nothing and gave up.

Edit - I first reported the issue on November 10th........2020

Thank you very much for checking the fuature on your camera.

Yeah not so bad when it's your own system and you're aware of it. A bit more of an issue for me if I remotely update 10 cameras for someone and I don't where the shape was set previously.
Yes, that sounds like a nightmare. We're going off topic a bit but I'll just mention this. I found that most times the the motion detection area was still stored in the NVR and all I needed to do was apply it again from there. If you are running the cameras without an NVR that's not going to help obviously as it is the cameras that are the issue.

Yes, that sounds like a nightmare. We're going off topic a bit but I'll just mention this. I found that most times the the motion detection area was still stored in the NVR and all I needed to do was apply it again from there. If you are running the cameras without an NVR that's not going to help obviously as it is the cameras that are the issue.
It's lost on the camera but it may appear to still be valid in the NVR. If the NVR has perhaps rebooted, it'll read the current settings from the camera as they reconnect and at that point the shape in the NVR settings will update to the plain rectangle.

Back