01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgraded my NVR's firmware, now computer screen blank?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I have just done an upgrade to latest firmware on my I series nvr. Was only 1 upgrade from my last 1. Now when I type in the ip address in the search bar the screen stays blank. Doesn't take me to my log in page.

Hi @Vauxfan

Have you tried a hard reboot of the NVR? (flick the power switch on the back, leave it off for at least 30 seconds to make sure it properly powers down)
Have you tried clearing the browser cache?

I have just tried this Morning and it now works again. Thank god.

on another note I just took delivery of a new 8mp colorvu. I am going to swap the front 4mp for this one. I will keep the same port to the same camera though when I put it on the house rear.
Do I need to do anything before fitting?
Is it power off nvr. Fit camera and turn back on? Will it work straight away?

Reactions: Dan
You shouldn't need to turn the NVR off.

If you are plugging the camera directly into a PoE port on the NVR the easiest way to swap cameras would be to disconnect the old camera, then in the NVR menus switch the channel/port you are adding the new camera from plug & play to manual and then back again. This will default the IP details of the channel making it ready to connect a new camera, then when you plug in the new camera it will power up and be activated with the NVRs activation password and the camera will be assigned an available subnet IP address.

A small tip - get the camera set up and working adjacent to the NVR with a short patch lead before getting the ladders out!

I thought it might just be easier to leave the camera already on that port and add a new port for a new camera.
Eg lead from port 8 to 4mp camera at front.
As the lead is in the wall. Move the lead to another port and plug the new camera in.
The 4mp I removed I will put at the rear and run a new lead to it and plug this into port 8.
That way the 4mp is all set up via port 8 already. Does that make sense?
Saves having to disconnect cameras as I don't know how to do this anyway lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I understand, yes if you are plugging the new 8MP camera into a completely new/unused port then that is fine and it will be activated by the NVR as I described above. I didn't understand your original plans and thought you were removing the 4MP camera entirely, but yes if you are moving it you can just run a new cable back into the original port 8 that it was using at the front and the camera will have held onto the IP address and password details for it to connect to that port.

Yeah that's correct. Great thank you. Do I need to turn the nvr off though while unplugging and plugging in cameras?

You shouldn't need to, we have multiple test NVRs in our office and we are always plugging and unplugging cameras while they are still on and we don't see any issues.

Small issue. My camera is up. I can view it on the app in basic. But when I press HD the image gets a large green block over it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223-140108_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-140108_Hik-Connect.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20211223-140123_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-140123_Hik-Connect.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
ok, which camera model is this and what firmware version is it running?

Will have to check version on laptop.

Attachments

• 16402688948271744777930129764005.jpg
    16402688948271744777930129764005.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
Here

Attachments

• 20211223_143403.jpg
    20211223_143403.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 106
Thanks @Vauxfan

The latest firmware for that camera model is v5.7.1

I would try updating the camera and see if this clears the issue in the app.

Which 1 should I pick on here?

Attachments

• 20211223_144849.jpg
    20211223_144849.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 108
The bottom 1? Can I load that with out any of the others?

Yes, the bottom one - v5.7.1 - is the latest and only one version higher than what you are currently running so should be no issue going straight to that version.

I have upgraded but the image is still green on hd. Is it sending to much data. Is there a way to send less to get the full picture?

I the led light option in line crossing seems to be missing from the linkage method Also the audiable alarm for line crossing in the camera via Web access.

In the Web access for the nvr I can add these on the linkage method. The problem is I can view my other 4mp camera on the nvr Web access but when I click on the new camera the page is showing blank.

Last edited:
Do you think the bitrate is too high to send to my phone. Samsung. S20.

Hi @Vauxfan

Are you still having this issue?

If you are, what NVR model do you have and how many cameras do you have connected to that NVR? (is it only one 8MP camera?)

Back