01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Hikvision IP camera firmware update failed?

Andy barker

Hi I’m running all hikvision , unable to upload new firmware both via the NVR and web browser to the cameras, in the web browser it manages to get to 1% then back to 0% then after a bit I get the failed to update, trying to up load via NVR I just get the failed message but I’ve managed to update NVR firmware ok.

Attachments

• 32F004F3-22A1-45CC-AFAD-F577402C4AD3.jpeg
    32F004F3-22A1-45CC-AFAD-F577402C4AD3.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 818
That doesn't really show that it's been unzipped, but I'll take your word. No idea why it's not updating other than perhaps you have the wrong firmware update file.

Hi @Andy barker

What NVR model do you have?
What firmware version is it currently running?
What firmware version are you trying to update it to? (where did you find the firmware?)

NVR model is a DS-7616NI -12-16p. That’s fine, updated to latest firmware with no problem. There’s two hikvision up cameras that won’t update All firmware downloaded from Hikvision website. Both colourvu DS2CD2347G2-LU, networked externally to the NVR. The other is a smart plz connected to the NVR’s internal network.

NVR model is a DS-7616NI -12-16p. That’s fine, updated to latest firmware with no problem. There’s two hikvision up cameras that won’t update All firmware downloaded from Hikvision website. Both colourvu DS2CD2347G2-LU, networked externally to the NVR. The other is a smart plz connected to the NVR’s internal network.
I know this is a old thread but just wanted to share something.

I have 2 of the same model number cameras on my NVR. One of them updated fine with the firmware listed on the Hikvision portal under gen3.

Oddly though one of the cameras is on Gen5 firmware even though the model number isnt listed on the portal for this camera as Gen5.
This camera updated fine after downloading gen5 firmware but why would 2 identical cameras have 2 different generation firmwares. I bought them around couple of weeks apart but from same vendor.

I know this is a old thread but just wanted to share something.

I have 2 of the same model number cameras on my NVR. One of them updated fine with the firmware listed on the Hikvision portal under gen3.

Oddly though one of the cameras is on Gen5 firmware even though the model number isnt listed on the portal for this camera as Gen5.
This camera updated fine after downloading gen5 firmware but why would 2 identical cameras have 2 different generation firmwares. I bought them around couple of weeks apart but from same vendor.

There has been quite a lot of discussion on this topic in this forum e.g:
ColorVu G2 - G3 vs G5 platform model availability

If you search for 2347 you'll find many threads.
Especially people trying to identify the correct firmware for their 2347 camera according to Gen/version ...

Back