01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Video intercom - dual keypad and other questions

nathanb

Hi,

KD8300 -IME1 and KH-6320-WTE1
  • Can the outdoor station support dual keypads? Say one on the inside of a gate, and the second on the outside. Then the pin is used to open the door from either side?
  • Also, what is the TF card used for in the indoor station? I don't have a TF card in the device, but the still images are still saved. Just wondering if there is a reason to install TF card?
  • Can the indoor station store video clips from callers (either with TF card, or without?). Can it store clips to an NVR?
  • The indoor station has an arm/disarm button and mode. I assume that is only useful if you have alarm/sensor inputs into the indoor station
Thanks

1. I believe it can as I tried it myself and the main unit recognized both keypads and both would work to open the door.
2. I don’t know what the TF card is for
3. When connected to an NVR the station records clips whenever someone calls. depending on the NVR you can also trigger recording when someone enters a programmable zone, not only when they call. Good to check out on possible loitering.
4. I haven’t looked into the alarm features but plan on doing so.

Upvote 0
1. I believe it can as I tried it myself and the main unit recognized both keypads and both would work to open the door.
2. I don’t know what the TF card is for
3. When connected to an NVR the station records clips whenever someone calls. depending on the NVR you can also trigger recording when someone enters a programmable zone, not only when they call. Good to check out on possible loitering.
4. I haven’t looked into the alarm features but plan on doing so.

Spot on. I tried it this morning on the way out and both keypads picked up the code.

How do you set up the video clip recording? And where do you view it from? The nvr, indoor station, or hikconnect app? I have the outdoor feed on continuous recording but it would be nice to review clips from calls in the app or indoor station

One more question. I was able to add the NVR cameras to the indoor station, but only if I disable stream encryption key. Any thoughts if that is a big security risk when using hikConnect. Odd Hikvision don't support this feature with indoor station :/

Upvote 0
Another question if anyone knows. Where can I view the log for entry/exits from someone using a pin on the numeric keypad? In HikConnect, I get a "call" log for everyone that has pressed the call button, but not no other events.

Upvote 0
@Kyle @Phil do you have direct contact with HikVision UK? Do they take feedback on feature enhancement and bug fixes? Do they speak to end users?
Now I've been using my video intercom for a while, the lack of some basic features is gripping me, and the gen2 system could go from a good system, to a great one!

Upvote 0
We're in touch with Hikvision UK Tech Support pretty much daily.
We are happy to make suggestions to them.
They may take those back to HQ and request new features.

Given their global coverage we are just a tiny cog in a mighty machine.
They have to maintain a broader view of what will 'work well for all'.
But no harm in you making suggestions.

In all honesty, I suspect you'll have more success via this route (you, to us, to Hik UK, to HQ) than the likelihood of you having any joy contacting them directly and persuading them to make changes.

They do read Posts here, even if it's only when we lead them to certain Posts!
Actually, I suspect anybody who has ever Googled a Hik issue has ended-up in our forum at some point :)

If you write clear suggestions here, @Kyle will probably review them, and if he agrees then he will lead an inside guru at Hik to take a look at the points you raise.

Upvote 0
@Phil, I understand they have a huge global base so yes, don't imagine they listen to every request but this is a popular forum so here goes @Kyle.

Thanks

Enhancements/feature suggestions:
  1. Indoor door stations can view cameras from the NVR but not when stream encryption is used on the NVR. Indoor station should support stream encryption
  2. You should be able to edit public pin (for door entry) for the intercom directly from HikConnect app (not only from IVM-4200)
  3. The intercom should support access schedules, especially for public pins, so for example, PIN 1234 is valid only every Tuesday between 3-4pm e.g. for a gardener to come inside. Again, this should be able to be setup in HikConnect
  4. Related to above, ability to define one-time pins e.g. for delivery drivers
  5. HikConnect app (android/iphone) should support one-button actions or widgets as they are known. So that way I could set up an 'open gate 1' button on home screen, and thus quickly open gates without having to open the app
  6. Improve image snapshot from callers. The camera is 2mp yet the snapshot image is grainy very low res image?
  7. NVR IoT integration/HikConnect platform should support event notifications from video intercom e.g. when gate is opened. At present HikConnect cant not alert, even if the alert in IoT is supported
  8. Related to 6/7, a video clip of the caller should be saved and included in HikConnect call log, not just a still image snapshot
  9. HikConnect app does not allow silencing notifications by device e.g. I have NVR, and video intercom device . At times, I don't want any notifications from cameras, but still want to get notifications from visitors from the intercom
  10. Obvious one. HikConnect app should log every time the gates are opened from either keypad, indoor station, or the hikConnect app itself
I'll update this list. Maybe it can become a comprehensive feedback sticky re video intercom if others want to comment

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I added a 10th item which seems obvious but surprised isn't built in i.e. ability to review logs of entry/egress.

@macman you've had video intercom set up for some time. I wonder if you have any additional feedback to add to the list above.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I thought of asking in this thread for a dual IME 8003 outdoor station / dual keypad / dual card reader question:

Main door station at the property gate: 192.168.1.100
DS-KD8003-IME1(B) (newer model, it comes with web interface)
DS-KD-KP Keypad module
KD-M Card Reader module
Intercom Page:
Door Station number: 0
Session Settings: Main Station IP 192.168.1.101
Password Settings: Here I setup keypad access passwords, which work
User Page: here I setup users' card access, separately for each outdoor unit
Device Management page:
Indoor Station 192.168.1.101 Floor 1 Room No. 1 No. --
Sub Door Station 192.168.1.120 Floor 1 Room No. -- No. 1
Synchronize Button: Disabled synchronize

Sub door station at the house door: 192.168.1.120
DS-KD8003-IME1(B)
DS-KD-KP Keypad module
KD-M Card Reader module
Intercom Page:
Door Station number: 1
Session Settings: Main Door Station IP: 192.168.1.100, Main Station IP 192.168.1.101
Password Settings page is not visible; same passwords as main outdoor station open both doors
Device Management page is not visible.

Main indoor station:192.168.1.101
DS-KH8350WTE (managed by iVMS4200)
Network-Group Network Settings: Main Station IP Address: 192.168.1.101, (Main) Door Station IP 192.168.1.100

Three more DS-KH8350WTE sub indoor stations (DHCP IP's, they all work and call each other by pointing at the main indoor station)

Of course all units have the latest firmware and all sub modules have their unique serial address.
Almost everything works as desired:

- when you call from either outdoor station, all indoor stations ring, show related video, allow to talk and open related door
- Hikconnect setup for the main indoor station in the phone rings as well, show specific video, allow to talk and open specific door
- all indoor stations can call each other
- from the indoor stations Live View, you can select either of the two camera views outside
- card access control works from both outdoor stations, and this is important, is configured separately: some card are enabled to open both gates (owners), others are enabled to open only the main outdoor station (gardeners, access to garden only)

I am only left with this problem: the password access via keypad is shared and can only be configured from the main outdoor station, and applies to both outdoor stations. The Password settings page is not visible in the sub outdoor unit.
From the sub outdoor station, the "Device Management" page and the "Password Settings" under Intercom disappeared when I set it up the outdoor stations the way I described above. So once you have a pin code, you can always open both door which is no good for gardeners that should not be able to enter the house.

Is there a way to keep the keypad password separate, like the RF cards? So that some pins open only the main outdoor station (property gate for gardeners that should not access the house), and other pins open both the property gate and the house?

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!

Nick

Upvote 0
One more addition: playing back and forth with the settings, it turns out that the very setting that makes the "device management" and the "password settings" disappear in the second outdoor station is turning the station number from 0 to 1. When you put it back to 0 as the main unit, the pages reappear (but then nothing works)

Upvote 0
Hi,

KD8300 -IME1 and KH-6320-WTE1
  • Can the outdoor station support dual keypads? Say one on the inside of a gate, and the second on the outside. Then the pin is used to open the door from either side?
  • Also, what is the TF card used for in the indoor station? I don't have a TF card in the device, but the still images are still saved. Just wondering if there is a reason to install TF card?
  • Can the indoor station store video clips from callers (either with TF card, or without?). Can it store clips to an NVR?
  • The indoor station has an arm/disarm button and mode. I assume that is only useful if you have alarm/sensor inputs into the indoor station
Thanks
Hi,

you can have two keypads. With newer FW on outdoor unit you can add users and says what card opens what relay. And by default address 1 on module opens relay 1 and address 2 opens relay 2.

TF card is used for storing pictures and videos. Indoor unit saves both of them on flash, but if you restart you indoor unit you will lose both of them.

As far as I know you can't store those clips/images on NVR.

You are right. You have 8 alarm inputs where you can connect alarm sensors. And you can arm/disarm those sensors.

Upvote 0
Hi,

you can have two keypads. With newer FW on outdoor unit you can add users and says what card opens what relay. And by default address 1 on module opens relay 1 and address 2 opens relay 2.

TF card is used for storing pictures and videos. Indoor unit saves both of them on flash, but if you restart you indoor unit you will lose both of them.

As far as I know you can't store those clips/images on NVR.

You are right. You have 8 alarm inputs where you can connect alarm sensors. And you can arm/disarm those sensors.
Yes both keypads do work. Been using it like this for some time.

I've yet to try inserting a TF card in to the indoor station, because it's connected to hikConnect and still image are retained for 30 days (not video). I'll try a TF card to see if it then saves a video clip. Odd that you lose both if the screen is booted!

You can't store images to an NVR, but I do record the RTSP stream directly on the NVR 24/7 in case it's required.

Which alarms are compatible with the indoor station? Only hikvision AX Pro? When you say there are 8 inputs, do you mean physical inputs or via some bridge device?

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I thought of asking in this thread for a dual IME 8003 outdoor station / dual keypad / dual card reader question:

Main door station at the property gate: 192.168.1.100
DS-KD8003-IME1(B) (newer model, it comes with web interface)
DS-KD-KP Keypad module
KD-M Card Reader module
Intercom Page:
Door Station number: 0
Session Settings: Main Station IP 192.168.1.101
Password Settings: Here I setup keypad access passwords, which work
Device Management page:
Indoor Station 192.168.1.101 Floor 1 Room No. 1 No. --
Sub Door Station 192.168.1.120 Floor 1 Room No. -- No. 1
Synchronize Button: Disabled synchronize

Sub door station at the house door: 192.168.1.120
DS-KD8003-IME1(B)
DS-KD-KP Keypad module
KD-M Card Reader module
Intercom Page:
Door Station number: 1
Session Settings: Main Door Station IP: 192.168.1.100, Main Station IP 192.168.1.101
Password Settings page is not visible; same passwords as main outdoor station open both doors
Device Management page is not visible.

Main indoor station:192.168.1.101
DS-KH8350WTE (managed by iVMS4200)
Network-Group Network Settings: Main Station IP Address: 192.168.1.101, (Main) Door Station IP 192.168.1.100

Three more DS-KH8350WTE sub indoor stations (DHCP IP's, they all work and call each other by pointing at the main indoor station)

Of course all units have the latest firmware and all sub modules have their unique serial address.
Almost everything works as desired:

- when you call from either outdoor station, all indoor stations ring, show related video, allow to talk and open related door
- Hikconnect setup for the main indoor station in the phone rings as well, show specific video, allow to talk and open specific door
- all indoor stations can call each other
- from the indoor stations Live View, you can select either of the two camera views outside
- card access control works from both outdoor stations, and this is important, is configured separately: some card are enabled to open both gates (owners), others are enabled to open only the main outdoor station (gardeners, access to garden only)

I am only left with this problem: the password access via keypad is shared and can only be configured from the main outdoor station, and applies to both outdoor stations. The Password settings page is not visible in the sub outdoor unit.
From the sub outdoor station, the "Device Management" page and the "Password Settings" under Intercom disappeared when I set it up the outdoor stations the way I described above. So once you have a pin code, you can always open both door which is no good for gardeners that should not be able to enter the house.

Is there a way to keep the keypad password separate, like the RF cards? So that some pins open only the main outdoor station (property gate for gardeners that should not access the house), and other pins open both the property gate and the house?

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!

Nick
Bumping this one, I can see that when I setup one unit as "main door station" and the other as "outer door station", they both keep the "Passwords" page therefore I Can setup separate pins for the two units (say one is gate to the property, one is the house; gardeners should access the property but not the house.
The problem is....how the heck do you setup "outer door station" ?? The "Device Management" page disappears, therefore you can no longer link the main indoor station! How are you supposed to make it work, has anyone here played with it? Hikvision documentation does not mention it at all.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Yes both keypads do work. Been using it like this for some time.

I've yet to try inserting a TF card in to the indoor station, because it's connected to hikConnect and still image are retained for 30 days (not video). I'll try a TF card to see if it then saves a video clip. Odd that you lose both if the screen is booted!

You can't store images to an NVR, but I do record the RTSP stream directly on the NVR 24/7 in case it's required.

Which alarms are compatible with the indoor station? Only hikvision AX Pro? When you say there are 8 inputs, do you mean physical inputs or via some bridge device?
Videos are lost if you reboot it, because it is saved in flash memory. But if you have TF card it won't be lost. I'm not sure video will be saved. Only audio messages and screenshots of visitors.

Yes that true, but i believe you can record motion detection on NVR. You don't need to loose so much HDD on 24/7.

Every wired alarm PIR sensor that have NO/NC contact. You physically connect wires from sensor to alarm input on indoor unit.

Upvote 0
Bumping this one, I can see that when I setup one unit as "main door station" and the other as "outer door station", they both keep the "Passwords" page therefore I Can setup separate pins for the two units (say one is gate to the property, one is the house; gardeners should access the property but not the house.
The problem is....how the heck do you setup "outer door station" ?? The "Device Management" page disappears, therefore you can no longer link the main indoor station! How are you supposed to make it work, has anyone here played with it? Hikvision documentation does not mention it at all.
Thanks!
Hi nicobar. If you set second outdoor unit as outer door station she behaves like slave outdoor unit. So you need to link it to main door station.
In device management of master outdoor unit you need to link master to slave.

Upvote 0
Hi nicobar. If you set second outdoor unit as outer door station she behaves like slave outdoor unit. So you need to link it to main door station.
In device management of master outdoor unit you need to link master to slave.
I tried that, but when linking devices from the device management page of the main outdoor station, there is only three options:
- Indoor Station
- Decoder Station
- Sub Door Station

None of the three works when the second outdoor station that I am trying to link is set in "Outer Door Station" mode. When I set it to "Sub Door Station" mode, than it works, but that's what keep the passwords shared.
Have you tried that, maybe I am missing something else?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back