01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us
Dan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Resources About

• Hi Dan, I am struggling to get started on my new HIKVISION DS-7608NI-I2/8P 4K 12MP POE NVR 8 i have installed 2no 6 Tbite HD connected all as shown on part 2, but for some reason nothing much showing on display, it is connected with HDMI, a window shows after a while to say shut down in 30 seconds, any idea what to to try next?.
    Regards
    Hi Dan,

Can you give me some idea how to open garage door with smartphone via Pgm output on Hikvision Hybrid Alarm Central, searched the web but can't find anything, can send pictures of alarm central and garage door switch if needed.

Thanks.
    Dan
    Dan
    Hi @boss007

Your post was stopped by our spam filter, I have approved the post and so it should now be public on the forum.
    Hi Dan,

I've only just joined the forum and posted a thread asking if it's possible to mix cameras on the same system but it seems to have disappeared. I have scanned through the forum rules and I don't think I have done anything wrong.
    Any ideas?

Regards,
    Gary.
    Dan
    Dan
    Hi Gary, your post was caught by our spam filter. I have now approved the post and it should now be public on the forum.
    Dan, ANPR operational range.

I have 2.8-12mm 2CD4A26 /P what in your opinion would be the effective plate capture distance when zoom right in, say for a daylight scene senario.

Regards

Karl
    Dan
    Dan
    I don't have details for the 4A26/P model but the installation document for the newer 7A26G0/P-IZS it suggests that at 12mm you will have plate recognition up to roughly 12m.
    Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 13.57.14.png

I have also attached the full install guide for further advice on the best way to install for your location.

Attachments

• 7xxx ANPR Installation & Configuration Guidance.pdf
      3.3 MB · Views: 792
    K
    Karloslejackel
    Many thanks Dan,

I will give this a good read. Looks like a 8-32mm is going to required as the distance from the mouting location to road is >12m

Cheers again for the info
    Reactions: Dan
    Hi Dan,

Quick question, I have a DS-2CD4B2(3)FWD-IZS, Having searched the a few avenue's can seem to find a refrence for the No 3 in the part number. Any idea what this means?

Just one other thing, ANPR variants again. Does the presence of /P, mean a camera is able to record plate detail locally to SD card. If so do non /P variants require a NVR to capture the plate info?

Regards

Karl
    K
    Karloslejackel
    Struggling to upload an actual image of the label, I added the brackets to highlight where the number 3 was located within the part number so the brackets aren’t normally present. The following is how it appears DS-2CD4B23FWD-IZS on the box. The year of manufacture is 12/2020. This particular variant doesn’t create many hits during web search’s.
    regards
    Karl
    Dan
    Dan
    Ok, when googling without the brackets the majority of the sites that are listing this model have European URLs (.de/.fr/etc...) so I can only think that this must be an EU specific model that was only ever sold in the EU, as a UK company that has never seen this product listed before there is little detail we can give you about the product.
    K
    Karloslejackel
    Cheers Dan, Ok this particular camera did originate in France so hence I guess why no one in the UK recognised the part number. It was given to me so can’t grumble and it’s brand new.
    Cheers
    Karl
    Hi Dan

Bought a business that has cameras from 2013/2014 and wanted to add an NVR. Which one do you recommend DS-7616NI-I2/16P Or DS-7616NI-K2/16P?

Thanks
    K
    Hi Dan,

Just reaching out for a little advice please. To your knowledge what's the differences between DS-2CDB26FWD-IZS and the DS-2CDA26FWD-IZS? Furthermore, would the firmware that supports the ANPR function possibly work with the B variant?

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Kind regards

Karl
    Dan
    Dan
    Hi @Karloslejackel

The 4B26 is purely a Darkfighter Bullet and the 4A26 is a Darkfighter bullet with support for ANPR software.

If you are looking to purchase a new camera for ANPR then we wouldn't recommend the 4A26/P because this model has now been replaced by the DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS 2MP ANPR Bullet Camera
    K
    Karloslejackel
    Hi Dan,
    Thank you for your response. Ok to be honest I’m just experimenting an have no budget for the latest camera types. Just thought that it may have been possible to flash the B variant with the ANPR for an A. Don’t suppose it’s been attempted? One thing is I possible to download the firmware from a camera?
    Regards
    Karl
    Dan
    Dan
    As far as we are aware the 4B26 does not support the ANPR firmware, the ANPR software is only supported by the 4A26 model.

I am not sure what you mean by 'download firmware from a camera', if you mean can you download/copy firmware from a camera then no, but if you mean can you downgrade the firmware to an older version then yes you should be able to install the older version to downgrade.
    Hey @Dan

I hope you don't mind me joining your forum and looking for some advice. I am really at a loss at the moment and becoming stressed out with this system.

We have had a number of crime-related things happen and each time we go to view the footage something is wrong with it etc.

Thank you.
    R
    Hi,

Are you able to confirm if the ColorVu light can be triggered to come on via a smart event, eg Intrusion Detection?

Thank you
    R
    Reecek
    Hi @Dan

Did you see the above message?

Thank you
    Dan
    Dan
    Hi @Reecek

Apologies, I do not always get notified of messages left here so it is always best to just post your questions straight to the forum as someone else would have likely answered this before now.
    Dan
    Dan
    ColorVu light operates the same way as the IR lights, so when it is dark enough the ColorVu lights will come on but there is no way to set these to be triggered by smart events. The lights can either be on full power, dimmed, or off completely. (if you already have streetlights/floodlights covering the scene)
    Hi Dan,
    The camera that i have is a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P and in its documentation it says that images can be captured at an interval of 500 milliseconds.
    They say that we can configure the event-triggered snapshot and to capture the snapshot with the interval between them 500 ms. In the truth is 1000 ms.
    Firmware version: V5.4.7 build 180611
    Is there an option somewhere that I haven't set?
    Dan
    Dan
    Hi, can you post this issue publicly on the Hikvision manufacturer forum please - HikVision - it will take some searching for us to find the answer as we don't have one of these cameras set up and it is likely another 4A26/P user on the forum will have the answer for you much faster.
    Reactions: Jonfry
    J
    Jonfry
    Thank you for the answer!

Could you tell me how i know if my post is really on the forum, because i press the post button after I entered the title and content and I don't know where to find my post?

Best regards,
    Jon
    I have recently installed a new HDD as I expanded from 2 to 3 cams. I have noticed when checking some playback (Seems to be when there is more movement) but the video either seems to jump a fair few seconds missing footage, or recently I just checked one piece of footage & it jumped back 3 - 4 seconds & continued to play. Im back on standard H264 & can see no reason for the playback to become jumpy every now and then
    Hi Dan,
    I wanted to post on the topic "Latest HikVision Firmware for G3 Series cameras - V5.5.130", but it is blocked. I want to announce that a new version of firmware 5.5.131 has appeared for the G3 series of cameras. You can update the thread. Thx.
    Dan
    Dan
    thank you, we were aware of this update but I think we were holding off on creating a new post about it until we had the release notes because some people don't like to update the firmware until they know what it is going to do to their device. I will chase Hikvision for the release notes and post once we have them.
    Dan
    Dan
    We don't like to leave these kinds of posts open because users end up starting long multip-page conversation below the initial post and these are only meant as announcement posts, if you encounter an issue that you think is related to the firmware then please create a new thread.
    D
    doctoru30
    Hi Dan,
    I posted on Friday and it still says waiting for approval, would you mind having a look please when you get a minute?
    Thanks.
    Rich.
    Dan
    Dan
    apologies, I have approved that post, some new posts get caught by our spam filter and we don't always get alerted to the ones that are awaiting approval.
    Hi Dan, I dont suppose you could tell me if there is a way to set day and night profiles separately on the hikvision cameras?
    Dan
    Dan
    Hi, If you change to scheduled-switch at the top of the image settings you should be given 3 options - Common/Day/Night

Common settings apply to both day and night and obviously the settings you set in the day tab only affect the colour day images, while the settings in the night tab only affect the camera's performance when using IR.
    3xposureofficial
    3xposureofficial
    Thanks that makes sense, although the annoying thing is you cant have it on auto switch with custom day/night settings? (Basically I want to auto switch because of day light saving and the likes)
    Dan
    Dan
    Apologies @kaeser, lots of posts get caught by our spam filter and we are not notified to all of them so some of the genuine ones get stuck. I have manually approved this post and it should be public on the forum now. You may want to add a comment to it to bring it to the top of the latest post list and that way more people will see it.
    K
    kaeser
    Thank you. Is there any way, to move it on first page? Because now is on page 3rd (because it was created on november 18th), and probably no-one will see it..
    Dan
    Dan
    as I said above, comment on your post and it will come to the top of the latest posts on the forum homepage.
    Good Morning Dan.
    Is there something wrong with my post here?
    It is invisible to forum from August 19th and there is a message on the top saying,
    "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."
    Dan
    Dan
    Hi, apologies about that, we get lots of spam comments that get automatically blocked by the forum software, it is now live on the forum for everyone to see and I will take a look at it myself and get back to you with some advice. (our knowledge of AcuSense is limited as it is a very new range so there may be another forum user with more knowledge than us for this specific topic)
    B
    hello sir,
    i dont now if you can helep me ,
    I have a camera ip hikvision DS-2CD2043G0-I connected directly to my laptop, the mainview works very well recording also very well on the partition D of the hard drive, but the playback tells me that the file is not found
    think you sir
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back