01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Browser problems and I'm lost.

Bazza

I am at my wits end. I’m new to Hikvision but have some previous experience of a couple of domestic CCTV systems. My setup is a DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S NVR with 6 x DS-2CD2387G2-LU cameras. For the life of me I can’t get a browser to remain stable long enough to edit events like Intrusion Detection and Line Crossing Detection. I am running the latest versions of Chrome (Version 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Edge (Version 101.0.1210.39 (Official build) (64-bit)) and I’ve even tried changing Edge settings to force it us use Internet Explorer mode (Settings > Default Browser > Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode – Allow) but that I still see the message “Download Plug-in” top right-hand corner on both browsers. Sometimes I get a live picture in the event windows but more often that not I don’t get anything.

My system is working very well, and I’m impressed by the quality but I can’t seem to find a fix for the browser issue. I still have the message “Download Plug-in” no matter what I do. Any advice please guys?

Cheers

Bazza

Hi @Bazza

What firmware versions are the NVR and cameras currently running?

Hi @Dan

The NVR has Firmware Version V4.60.105 build 220118 and the cameras have Firmware Version V5.7.3 build 211222

Cheers

Bazza

Thanks @Bazza

The NVR is up to date but can you please try updating the cameras to the latest build - V5.7.3_220216

Can you also confirm that you are using a PC? Also, if you are using a PC is that PC running Windows 11?

Cheers @Dan

I've upgraded all six cameras to firmware V5.7.3_220216 and power cycled the system. I'm still getting the same problems and Edge in IE mode is still asking to download the plugin. Indeed I am running this on a PC - Windows 11 and all updates have been applied.

Thanks @Bazza

It is very odd, we have seen some reports of issues since upgrading to W11 but we have tested our I-series NVR on a PC running W11 and we didn't have any problems accessing that NVR with Edge.

I can only think that because the AcuSense models use a different firmware there is an update needed for these models to improve browser support on W11.

We will pass this issue to Hikvision support and ask them to investigate the issue.

Thanks @Dan

It does seem a strange one. Please get in touch if there's anything I can do to assist.

Hi @Bazza

A colleague has said another user resolved an issue with their live stream by re-installing the web components plug-in, please try downloading it from the Hikvision website and installing it again.

Hi @Dan,

Downloaded the web components plug-in from Hikvision's website, installed it and..... I can now see the cameras when creating smart events etc. Previously it was hit and miss if the picture appeared or not and it would always disappear just as I was drawing the last point of a line (typical).

Interestingly I still get the Download Plug-in message top right of the browser next to admin but everything appears to be working. Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks for the update @Bazza

Good to hear that has solved the issue, the plug-in prompt constantly appearing is a known issue which we have reported to Hikvision but their response has always been that once you have installed it the first time you should just ignore the plug-in prompts that keep reappearing.

Back