01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ds-2cd2385FWD-i Firmware upgrade

:) :) I was looking for this for more than an hour yesterday and couldn't find that. This is a very detailed one!!!

Well got the unit apart ( worst thing was the glue) and adjusted it so i had a sharp view in the daylight ( was going to check it when it was dark and readjust as required) Then the live view froze. The time was still running but the live view just didn't change. Rebooted the unit and then come up with a red/black hazy screen. So then carried out a full reset back to default. How the camera doesn't power on but the camera sees data from the network cable. tried the SADP tool to look for it but it cant find it. So the camera is now fully knacked. New camera time :) so now looking at either a DS-2CD2387G2-LU (C) or the DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL whats you thoughts?

Well got the unit apart ( worst thing was the glue) and adjusted it so i had a sharp view in the daylight ( was going to check it when it was dark and readjust as required) Then the live view froze. The time was still running but the live view just didn't change. Rebooted the unit and then come up with a red/black hazy screen. So then carried out a full reset back to default. How the camera doesn't power on but the camera sees data from the network cable. tried the SADP tool to look for it but it cant find it. So the camera is now fully knacked. New camera time :) so now looking at either a DS-2CD2387G2-LU (C) or the DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL whats you thoughts?
It's a shame about that but I suppose it does confirm that there's an issue with the camera...

Your existing model is the DS-2CD2385FWD-I. That was replaced by the DS-2CD2385G1 (which was marginally better for low light performance), which in turn is replaced by the DS-2CD2386G2-IU. So that last model is the closest replacement for what you have. It's a Darkfighter camera that has better low light performance, larger image sensor (from memory) and has AcuSense.

I would give the DS-2CD2387G2-LU(c) a miss as that's purely a ColorVu (no IR) and if there's not sufficient light you'll either have to have the white LEDs lit all night or increase the exposure time (the side effect of which will be increased motion blur)

The DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU (or LISU/SL if you want two way audio, siren and strobe) is a good choice as it's switchable modes allow you to try it out in Darkfighter mode, ColorVu mode or Smart mode (works as your current camera but switches back to colour with white light when an event is triggered during darkness). The modes can be switched in an instant in Hik-Connect without the need to mess around in the programming.

Back