01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Ds-2cd2387g2-lsu/sl linkage options - when adding a few of these can you link them together through linkage action?

bm_99

Hi all, when adding a few of these can you link them together through linkage action

Meaning when 1 cam picks up intrusion and the light flashes and warning plays a few of the other cameras also do the same even if they havent picked up the intrusion?

Thanks

Hi all, when adding a few of these can you link them together through linkage action

Meaning when 1 cam picks up intrusion and the light flashes and warning plays a few of the other cameras also do the same even if they havent picked up the intrusion?

Thanks
If they are connected via an NVR, yes. In Linkage Actions > Audio & Light Alarm, there is an entry and checkbox for each camera that supports it (a separate checkbox for Light and Sound per camera) So you can select just the camera that is generating the alarm or any others.

I was prepared to say "I don't know, but what a great idea." Then JB comes through again!
Not something I've used myself so just had a quick look on my NVR (I Series) - I assume it's also available on other NVRs but can't confirm (though I could check).

The speaker and strobe light on any cameras that feature them (ISU/SL and LSU/SL models) become linkable actions for events on any camera (including those without the feature). However it looks as though wired alarm inputs - whether on the camera or the NVR do not support the linkage. A bit strange as it would be handy to use that linkage if you use PIRs or contacts externally that are wired to physical inputs. So you can link motion, line crossing, intrusion, region entrance/exit etc but not inputs.

Back