01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Help with Hikvision Intercom - connection via WIFI?

flat

Hello forum :D
since now I have to thanks for being part of this forum.. and I start with a good question.

I have a Villa intercom from Hikvision/Safire and I always have problems getting a WIFI connection...
I cannot ping the IP but I have the equipment present in the IVMS application.. and I can access to configure via WEB.

Whenever I install via WIFI I always have a problem..
Can you give me some help? What to do?
How can I install the monitor and external Intercom all via WIFI and working at first?

Thanks

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi flat. You couldn't without problems, as far as I know wi-fi adapter on indoor station isn't meant to support connection with outdoor unit.
It's only to allow you to go on internet if you can't get wired connection to your router.

If you plan to connect both outdoor and indoor unit via Wifi you can expect only problems.

i flat. You couldn't without problems, as far as I know wi-fi adapter on indoor station isn't meant to support connection with outdoor unit.
It's only to allow you to go on internet if you can't get wired connection to your router.
I'm already checking this situation...
however, I can communicate between both and WIFI is connected, but there are constant problems of communication failures (which forces the equipment to be restarted), communication failures to the outside and live viewing on the APP, at the location the outside cannot "touch the doorbell" to the interior...
Hikvision is making me quite furious, with so much equipment installed, more and more just problems.....

All of that problems is beucase it's not meant to be connected in that way. Use ethernet and connect them both with wires on switch (PoE or regular) and use WiFi only for connection to internet.

And if you use same IP range for ethernet and WiFi (but only have access trought WiFi) you'll have problems beucase it checks ethernet adapter first and then WiFi. So make sure you separate them.

Thank you for your help KamirZG

I've already checked everything again.. all connected to the same network, wifi communicates..

now in another system I have a problem with the 2 wire system, the monitor connected (DS-KH6320-WTE2) by WIFI, is always losing connection (depending after 3 hour or 10min) or does not connect to the portal.. I always have to apply DNS and then it automatically goes ONLINE .. NO MAKE SENSE WIFI for Hikvision...lolololol

server address: litedev.eu.hik-connect.com

Grrrr hikvision I'm already freaking out about this

Back