01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision cant lock the target more than 5 seconds if human/vehicle stops.

Ord3p

Hi,

Someone can help me in this issue?

The behavior is that the hikvision(ds-2de4A320iw-de) cam dont track more than 5 seconds on a static object(human/vehicle). Smart tracking duration is set to “0” to no limit on tracking a object…park time is set to 120 seconds.

I only have 1 Preset and the smart tracking is used with intrusion detection smart event…the problem is when a target enter in the area the cam start the tracking very well but when the human/vehicle STOPS the cam is only able to lock the target about 5 seconds and then return to Preset 1. Its possible to extend the time of a static object?

Hi @Ord3p

What firmware version is the camera using?

Are you using it with an NVR, and can you let me know the model / firmware version of this too if so, please?

The firmware is the version V5.6.18 build 210428.

Im not using NVR, only with a hikvision PoE switch recording to a micro SD card.

Thanks, it's an issue that has been reported previously and I was hoping the newest V5.6.18 firmware may have fixed it, but it seems not.

It looks like increasing the post record time may have helped other users in the past with similar problems, perhaps try setting this to at least a couple of minutes - how to do so is explained here:

Let me know if this doesn't help and I'll ask Hikvision for their suggestions.

I have 10 seconds in post record but i dont think that will work in my case, changing the value to 2 minutes its enough to try a test?

Try 5 minutes if possible, but I think you're right in that it might not be the fix for your specific issue.

Are you able to try with any park action and scheduled tasks you have set disabled?

Not worked with 2 minutes in post-record, also disable park action…for me park action time only take effects when you manually move the camera after the time of park action he returns to preset 1.

The problem here is why even inside the intrusion detection area the hikvision cam only track the target when moving…if he stops just track for 5 seconds and return to preset.

I will left a file with nice instructions to config the smart tracking.

Attachments

• How to set up intrusion detection to trigger Smart Tracking when PTZ is doing patrol.docx
    1 MB · Views: 294
Hi @Ord3p

I have the same model camera DS-2DE4A320IW-DE with the same issue... the camera stops tracking a few seconds after the target stops moving. I have tried the various fixes mentioned above but they do not help.

The other issue I have with tracking is described in this older post:

I would like to be able to have smart events from other cameras trigger the PTZ to navigate to a certain preset and begin tracking. However, it seems that when a preset is called, the camera waits at that preset for quite a while before it will start tracking.

I have the "spotter" cameras set to send the PTZ to the preset as early as possible and that seems to allow the camera enough time to get ready to track.

On this manual its say:

4137569F-2012-4890-8E43-F08D35E076B9.jpeg

-Between presets the minimal waiting time is 15 seconds.

-In the end of a smart tracking scene, the cam return to a preset…to start again the smart tracking there is also a minimal 5 seconds waiting time.

Last edited:
Thanks for testing that @Ord3p

I've asked Hikvision if there is a way to get the camera to continue tracking static targets after 5 seconds, so will come back with an update when they respond to me.

Hi @Ord3p

Kyle is out of office this week so apologies for the delay in replying, unfortunately, Hikvision didn't have a very helpful response, see below:

If you change the tracking duration to 30s or even 60s, will it stop tracking even after 5s? Can you ask the customer to try changing this and see how it will affect the smart tracking performance? Also note, the max for smart tracking is usually 300s, so please don’t set it over 300 seconds. Let me know how it goes!

Can you please try setting it to 30/60 seconds and let us know exactly what happens.

In the tracking duration i set to “0” to unlimited tracking, 0 or 300 s i have the same issue.

If the target is moving the tracking work very well, the problem is when target stops…after a successful tracking if the target stops only stay in the target 5 seconds and then return to preset.

Thanks @Ord3p

Apologies, we had crossed wires there, we thought you meant was that the camera was only tracking for 5 seconds and then stopping, but what you actually meant was that the camera tracks fine to the point the tracked object stops but then after 5 seconds of no movement it returns to its original position.

We have explained this to Hik support to see if they can advise any way to extend the hold time and whether it is actually possible to have the camera track an object that starts, stops, and starts again.

We have explained this to Hik support to see if they can advise any way to extend the hold time and whether it is actually possible to have the camera track an object that starts, stops, and starts again.

Yeah the issue its like that…i just cant find any way to solve that.

Hi @Ord3p

Trying to get a clear answer out of Hikvision has not been easy, below is the clearest answer I could get from them:

"Since auto-tracking 1.0 (which is the auto-tracking version that the customer’s camera has) is based on motion detection, if the target is stationary for a sufficient period of time, the algorithm will cease the tracking."

I would take this to mean that in your specific scenario it is not possible to have the camera start tracking, stop for more than 5 seconds, and then start tracking the same object again.

Hi guys, here Steve from Belgium.

I have the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE cam, also with the same issue .....
for example, it tracks a car. When the car stops and there is no movement for 5 seconds, the camera also returns to its starting position....very annoying when a person gets out of the car (or the car continues to drive), the camera does not follow more since he left the position.
I have already sent an email to hikvison and am still waiting for their reply.
DS-2DE4A425IW-DE, V5.6.14 build 200622

i have also tried to update the firmware to the latest one, but i get a error...

Hi @Stevie

As explained earlier in the thread, your PTZ model also likely uses basic auto-tracking which will not support recommencing tracking after an object has paused.

Back