01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision DS-7104HQHI-K1 set up through browser

mike-gr

Hello! I recently got a hikvision DVR DS-7104HQHI-K1 to replace an old hik DVR. I already have 2 analog cameras from the previous DVR and i don't want to change or add new cameras right now! Furthermore, I was told that this DVR can work with analog and digital cameras. So I attach the hard drive, connect cameras ,Ethernet cable and power supply to DVR. The Ethernet cable is directly connected to my laptop. So I tried to open Internet Explorer as administator (Windows10) typed the IP from the manual (192.168.1.64.) hit enter and nothing happened!
I used SADP tool and can see the DVR in the list, but I can't connect to it!
Any suggestion?
Thank you!

Hello! I recently got a hikvision DVR DS-7104HQHI-K1 to replace an old hik DVR. I already have 2 analog cameras from the previous DVR and i don't want to change or add new cameras right now! Furthermore, I was told that this DVR can work with analog and digital cameras. So I attach the hard drive, connect cameras ,Ethernet cable and power supply to DVR. The Ethernet cable is directly connected to my laptop. So I tried to open Internet Explorer as administator (Windows10) typed the IP from the manual (192.168.1.64.) hit enter and nothing happened!
I used SADP tool and can see the DVR in the list, but I can't connect to it!
Any suggestion?
Thank you!
If SADP tool shows that the IP address is 192.168.1.64 you should be good to go. However you must first manually set your network settings on your laptop to match those of the NVR. If you don't, the likelihood is that your laptop is set to obtain an address using DHCP and as it's plugged into the recorder, it will fail to get an address and instead automatically assign an address in the 169.254.xxx.xxx range. So open your network settings and just manually set the IP address of the ethernet interface on the laptop to 192.168.1.100 (or anything in the 192.168.1.xxx range) (make sure your WiFi is switched off otherwise you'll have an issue if home network also uses 192.168.1.xxx)

Alternatively load iVMS-4200 on your laptop. Import the DVR into the software and program it there instead.

Back