01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7816N-R2(C) - Firmware needed

ken_nx

Hi All, new to here

I bought DS-7816N-R2(C) in China but wants to change UK server, I was stuck that I cannot find the proper firmware. Could you guys please help?

I registered the NVR with China server using a China mobile number. But after I left China for UK, I found that the sim card does not work anymore so I cannot get the SMS code now. I am stuck that I cannot login back to the Hikvision app or any online portal.

I have another china sim card which still works, I tried to register that new account and when I add the device it said the NVR had been registered with my old account already, so stuck.

I wish I could register under UK hikvision app but it says language not supported.

So the only way out is to flash it with a compatible firmware so it can connect to the UK server. But I google everywhere and cannot find the proper model. I really need help for that.
Do I also need to flash the cameras for compatible firmware as well?

Thanks all

Hi @ken_nx, unfortunately, I believe that NVR model is specific to the Chinese market - we have never seen this model in the UK or Europe, and there only appears to be a Chinese product page for it.

So, I think there will only be Chinese firmware available for it. If you speak to the supplier of your NVR, they should be able to contact Hikvision to clarify whether there is firmware available which will work for you, and if your cameras will work in the UK too.

What you could try, for the below, is unbinding the NVR from your Hik-Connect account using the SADP tool, which may let you register it to the new account:
I have another china sim card which still works, I tried to register that new account and when I add the device it said the NVR had been registered with my old account already, so stuck.

Thanks Kyle
I will try the unbind tonight.

Is there any firmware which worth a try to flash at all? It is because I thought using that in UK but connecting to the China server makes it very sluggish, and often does not work at all
Thanks

Sorry, there's no firmware that we know if that might work - it looks completely different to all of the models we supply and I can't see anything in the download portals.

Hikvision Support or your supplier may have a better idea.

If you're able to change the Hik-Connect server address on the NVR, you could try "litedev.eu.hik-connect.com", which is what UK devices work best on.

Thanks so much Kyle

I found a threat a decade ago saying 78XXN series and it said below so I had been googling for kind of compatible firmware

"The 76xxN firmware works on them, though I'm using a modified 78xxN 3.2.1 firmware that has the 'psh' protect shell inhibited and telnet still active."

thanks anyway

Hi Kyle

I used the SADP tool, put in admin and password and verification, it just said "failed"
oh i am totally lost

Make sure you're not using any VPN software, all 'shields down' (antivirus / firewall could be blocking it from working properly), and with your NVR directly connected to the router via network cable if you haven't already.

Which version of SADP are you using too please?

Just to clarify, have you previously added the NVR to a different Hik-Connect account, and you're now not able to add that account?

i found that I needed to use simplified chinese language in the SADP in order to use the functions.
but I got other problems. it said the "software version needed to be updated" but I cannot update the firmware in the http web of the NVR (which I found a newer firmware in china hikvision site).
I tried using the tftp, changed the PC IP to 192.0.0.128 and the NVR 192.0.0.64 but the tftp had no response.
I googled and learnt that I could put it into a USB and view the admin portal directly from the hdmi cable, I shall try that later tonight.

Yes the NVR was bounded to another China sim card but this number I have no access for no reason. It just had no service even though the service provider has open the roaming servoce.

thanks

Back