01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware I Series Firmware - V4.61.000. Do Not Upgrade - **Resolved**

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
A new I Series firmware version was reported on another thread by @dazulrich . It is available on the Hikvision website but not yet on the portal (thankfully). I've just discovered a major issue with this version.

Since the update the playback timeline, when smart is selected is practically a solid block of red. On closer inspection all cameras have reverted to the old motion detection - cell selection setup (rather than drawing a polygon). In the local menu, the Human/Vehicle filter in Settings > Normal Event > Motion Detection is missing. It's the same if you log into the NVR menu via browser - cell selection and no AcuSense filtering. Effectively the AcuSense filtering is being ignored completely. I've carried out a full power cycle of NVR and cameras but that doesn't resolve it so I've had to downgrade.

It gets worse (of course it does). The downgrade to 4.60.005 results in a factory default of the NVR restoring it to a de activated state. It's kept it's IP addressr but everything else has to be programmed from scratch.

Do not update to this version. If you already have, you may be better waiting for another newer version rather than attempting a downgrade as that is going to be time consuming....

@Dan - It may be worth highlighting this to Hikvision support

** Issues resolved in later build date firmware as highlighted by @dazulrich in post #6**

Last edited:
Thanks @JB1970

We'll report this issue to Hikvision support and see if they are aware of the issue and when we can expect a fix.
Thanks @Dan - There's been some pretty choice language from me this morning!

To avoid the need to reprogram, I'd advise anyone who has already upgraded to await a newer version.

Hi Dan, looks like they fixed this in a later build of the same release.
As they probably will claim they can't reproduce the reported problems (as some/all got fixed in build dated 0705).

My big problem with 4.60 onward has been camera's randomly disconnecting, on a reboot some of the camera took nearly 10 mins to reconnect again but the really annoying one was the Hik connect app on my android phone as most of the images are obscured with a big green block covering 70% of the image. This rendered looking at the camera's remotely, totally useless, The downgrade to 4.51 removed all these bugs but it did require a full setup of the NVR again as it reset it back to the factory. I was really hopeful that 4.61 may have fixed these :-(

@dazulrich - are the minimum/maximum size parameters available for setting in line crossing on the newer build of 4.61.000. I've just noticed that they are missing in 4.60.005 (in both the local menu and browser config) So back to carrying out most settings directly on the camera.

Firmware Release notes should probably read 'we fixed this, broke that, added something you didn't want/need and removed what was always there that you did'

Back