01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Internet explorer to be retired in win10 - June 15th 2022

David

Guru
Trusted Member
Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) desktop application retires on Windows 10 on June 15, 2022 (non-LTSC, non-Server)
Today we announced that the future of Internet Explorer on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer mode (IE mode) provides legacy browser support within Microsoft Edge. Because of this, the IE11 desktop application will be retired on June 15, 2022. This means that the IE11 desktop application will no longer be supported and afterwards will redirect to Microsoft Edge if a user tries to access it.

Hi @David

Thanks for sharing this update, we were aware and have discussed with Hikvision for many years now that IE was coming to end and progress is still slow on the development of better browser support for Hikvision.

This is the most concrete end date for IE that we have seen, I will again share it with Hikvision support and see if we can get any update on their progress/decisions surrounding browser support.

The latest firmware for new models support chrome. But old cameras only use ie. 4 that fact, its good to have a VM with Win10 older version or 7/8 to use in future for older recoders or cams. I use ivms, because thats working sometimes better then browser. But sometimes there are options and feature only avaible in browser or ivms. Thats strange xD

The latest firmware for new models support chrome. But old cameras only use ie. 4 that fact, its good to have a VM with Win10 older version or 7/8 to use in future for older recoders or cams. I use ivms, because thats working sometimes better then browser. But sometimes there are options and feature only avaible in browser or ivms. Thats strange xD
I use ie4 and ivms4200 for my older nvr and cameras as well.
I think I’ll try Firefox on my ubuntu server.

I view my cameras most of the time from my PC, using internet explorer. what's going to happen after June 15th? are there any solutions to this problem yet?

Hi @Capital_Singer

The latest information on IE11 going EOL and how to access your system after June 15th 2022 can be found in the below thread

Bully for you because mine doesn't as like many others.
mine doesn't anymore :( , when I click on explorer it just opens edge. for the last few months it's always had the option to continue with explorer but thats gone now....
EDIT, found a solution for now:

mine doesn't anymore :( , when I click on explorer it just opens edge. for the last few months it's always had the option to continue with explorer but thats gone now....
EDIT, found a solution for now:

Bizarre that, since I last posted that comment on here back on 22nd July I re-installed Windows 11 on my computer and the whole Hikvision CCTV now works again with Edge.

I was following the same as what's in that video shown and yes it works a treat with Internet Explorer and still does but while it's behaving in Edge I'll leave it running on there.

My PC must have updated something as I can't seem to stop edge opening when I click on internet explorer.
seems the option to stop edge opining instead of IE has been removed completely now
surely there must be a solution?

I've figured it out, here's how I did it if anybody else is stuck;

1. Once Edge is opened, click on the 3 dots top right
  2. scroll down the list to "launch In IE mode"
  3. then in the pop up window select "always open this site in IE mode"

I've figured it out, here's how I did it if anybody else is stuck;

1. Once Edge is opened, click on the 3 dots top right
  2. scroll down the list to "launch In IE mode"
  3. then in the pop up window select "always open this site in IE mode"
does not exist for me
Screenshot_131.png

Back