01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest Hikvision Firmware for G5 Series Cameras (DS-2CD2xx3G2 2xx6G2(C) 2xx7G2(C) 3xx7G2(C)) - V5.7.3_220216 SP (Fixed the light&audio alarm on HC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hikvision has released new firmware for their G5 Series IP cameras. The latest firmware, Version 5.7.3, can be downloaded here.

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

We don't currently have full release notes for this firmware but will update this post if/when they are available.

Hikvision Support has told us that the primary function of this update is to fix the below issue:

"On Hik-Connect, when you add the newer device models, there should be a bell on the side that activates/deactivates the One Key Do Not Disturb function. On previous G5 firmware, this was unavailable. This new V5.7.3 has added that button on Hik-Connect for the G5 cameras."

Hikvision has released new firmware for their G5 Series IP cameras. The latest firmware, Version 5.7.3, can be downloaded here.

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

We don't currently have full release notes for this firmware but will update this post if/when they are available.

Hikvision Support has told us that the primary function of this update is to fix the below issue:

"On Hik-Connect, when you add the newer device models, there should be a bell on the side that activates/deactivates the One Key Do Not Disturb function. On previous G5 firmware, this was unavailable. This new V5.7.3 has added that button on Hik-Connect for the G5 cameras."
The download link I provided is the correct one for your camera but as mentioned I'm not sure whether there are any differences between the EU/UK and AU firmware code.

They (Hikvision) made life a little difficult to match up firmware to hardware in this case. All of the cameras are G2 models. The older G2 models use G3 firmware and the newer ones use G5 firmware as they have a different chip. The newer G5 models have the (c) revision in the part code, but the easiest way to identify them is by looking at System Settings Basic Information page in the camera at the bottom where it shows "Firmware Version Property". You'll see it in the second image of your original post - yours is "B-R-G5-0", so you have the newer model that uses G5.
Hi Dan.

Can you provide any insight here?

I've lost the ability to arm my cameras.

See other thread for my background :)

With that 'new' button, where would I expect to access the page where you arm the areas and open the camera details.
The old button was a bell with a hexagon/cog. Now it's a plain bell.

My current screen can't open areas/partition to arm

View attachment 7379

Old screen (screenshot from a how to file, that looks similar)

View attachment 7380

I think I've now realised what your issue is and it is not related to the camera firmware. You have updated the NVR firmware from a special customised version which is on the page below. Updating from that version will remove the customisation, so if you need that arm areas function, you'll have to remain on the older customised version:

It's worth pointing out after testing this, if you have any schedules set on siren and strobe within the camera and then you disarm and then rearm within the app it removes all the schedules within the camera settings and defaults to everything being live 24 hours.. I was under the impression this feature could be used on the fly to say nip into the back garden late at night when you know a siren schedule is set on line crossing or intrusion dectection.

If it's breaking schedules it is pretty pointless if you need those schedules.

Hi Dan

O hope you are well. Is this new firmware for the DS-2CD2347G2-LU cameras also please

Many thanks

Hi @badayuni92

The latest firmware for the G3 non-(C) models is v5.5.801

technically the G3 models were replaced by the G5 (C) models so the G3 models are unlikely to get as regular firmware updates as the G5 models.

Hi @badayuni92

The latest firmware for the G3 non-(C) models is v5.5.801

technically the G3 models were replaced by the G5 (C) models so the G3 models are unlikely to get as regular firmware updates as the G5 models.
Thanks Dan

Do you have any release notes what the g3 latest firmware has

I'm currently running V5.5.160 build210416

Hi @badayuni92

No release notes are available at the moment, but the v5.5.801 firmware has been out for a while and no major issues have been reported so I think you will be okay to update.

Hi @dealpapa

The user above asked if the G5 firmware was the correct firmware for their 2347G2 non-(C) model, if they do have a 2347G2 without the (C) in the model number then the camera is a G3 series camera and does not use the G5 firmware.

I had a DS-2CD2T46G2-ISU/SL - C (G5) sitting in a box. It has V5.5.114 build 210428 firmware.
Do you think it is better to go updating like this:

V5.5.800_210628 > V5.5.801_210727 > V5.7.1_210923 > V5.7.1_211009 > V5.7.2_211109 > V5.7.3_211222 > V5.7.3_220112_SP

through all updates (European portal not UK),
or I can skip some of them?

I had a DS-2CD2T46G2-ISU/SL - C (G5) sitting in a box. It has V5.5.114 build 210428 firmware.
Do you think it is better to go updating like this:

V5.5.800_210628 > V5.5.801_210727 > V5.7.1_210923 > V5.7.1_211009 > V5.7.2_211109 > V5.7.3_211222 > V5.7.3_220112_SP

through all updates (European portal not UK),
or I can skip some of them?
No need - it's 5.5.xxx so you could go directly to 5.7.3 (the latest one). If there were 5.6.xxx releases I'd recommend going via one of them but there aren't so jumping to the latest is fine.

Hi just recently got DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL

Was reading that the isapi events can’t differentiate between human or not human. So all motion events trigger isapi events

Will this be fixed? Or will new fields be added to the isapi to determine what class caused the event?

Because currently it makes the isapi events useless as they trigger for any motion regardless of what class or no class caused it.

Was interested to integrate with home assistant. But currently Acusense is useless.

Are there any other ways to obtain acusense motion events accurately??

Last edited:
Hi just recently got DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL

Was reading that the isapi events can’t differentiate between human or not human. So all motion events trigger isapi events

Will this be fixed? Or will new fields be added to the isapi to determine what class caused the event?

Because currently it makes the isapi events useless as they trigger for any motion regardless of what class or no class caused it.

Was interested to integrate with home assistant. But currently Acusense is useless.

Are there any other ways to obtain acusense motion events accurately??

@magnum09 I had a quick read of the linked thread on GitHub. In summary the ISAPI event generated is the same regardless of whether or not AcuSense filter is met. It would take Hikvision to resolve that in the code but there could be workarounds...

This ones maybe not obvious but if you're not using the alarm input and output on the ISU/SL for anything else:
  • In the camera event settings, set up your motion alarm action to trigger the alarm output on the camera
  • Bridge a wire between the alarm output and alarm input on the camera
  • Map the ISAPI event for the camera alarm input in Home Assistant for your camera rather than motion detection
As the output will only trigger if the motion meets the AcuSense filter, the alarm input event will be filtered also.

PS: If your cameras happen to be connected to an NVR you must do the linkage between the camera alarm input and camera alarm output in the camera settings (not in the NVR camera settings) as there's a bug in the NVR firmware that ignores the linkage if carried out there (at least for the I series NVR)

Hi jb9170.

Thank you so much for your reply and help.

I’m just a little surprised this bug is still there since Acusense has been out for a long time.
Your work around sounds like a pretty good idea.

Just wanted to update everyone. I’ve noticed that the smart events. Intrusion detection doesn’t have this bug. So intrusion detection is working as expected with ISAPI events.

Though I find it works a little different as objects loitering around don’t trigger again and it seems to track objects.

I can’t find out how to enable the bounding boxes analysis mode that draws the objects and intrusion areas. Do I need the nvr for this? I do not have a nvr.

At the moment still testing the camera so it’s not in it’s final position. Won’t know how usable Acusense will be until it’s mounted in its final position.

But my first observation is that Acusense seems pretty good.

I’ve contacted hikvision to notify them of the motion detection isapi bug. Not sure if they will fix or not. I’m assuming unlikely since I’m not the first person to experience this.

Hmm this is interesting, I have my Hikvision system integrated with Home Assistant and had wondered why I was sometimes getting false notifications when non-human objects are being detected, maybe this is why.
I use HA app on my phone in preference to the HikConnect app for notifications as with a custom Automation it's possible to define separate notification channels (and thus separate alert tones) for each camera, whereas with HikConnect you either have all cameras notifying (with the same tone), or nothing.

I am using Line Crossing rather than Intrusion detection.

On a related note, I have often thought that it would be good if there was also a way to differentiate between the 4 different regions for Intrusion detection or Line crossing, at the moment in HA any region sets the binary sensor in the same way, not sure if that data is also present in the data stream.

The latest comment here: Hikvision false motion events · Issue #55081 · home-assistant/core indicates that the necessary data is actually present (is that your comment?)

Yes those were my GitHub comments. I only saw the new data in intrusion detection events. The standard motion detection doesn’t work as it’s disregarding the human or vehicle filtering. Also in the motion event there is no new data or any data to use.

I think I saw home assistant document talk about being able to ignore certain intrusion detection events. There was a config which had a number suffix which I understood to be rhe 4 regions within intrusion detection.

Would be good if hikvision just fix the motion event and add new data for the human detection.

I’m still experimenting with different tools and plugins. But seems like pyhik has no problems understanding the field detection event. Hence I will probably modify the sample code to use mqtt then I can do custom things to different regions.

abit disappointing that hikvision has that bug. But seems like a few work arounds.
FTP known to work.
Email I have yet to test. Don’t really like email.
Intrusion detection isapi and alarm server working. Alarm server pushes jpeg also so it might be wasted effort if you don’t care about the image.
then the alarm wiring hack jb1970 was talking about. Haven’t tested.

TBH I've never even bothered with Basic Motion Detection, I had disregarded it as I thought the detection was very rudimentary and didn't use any particularly intelligent algorithm to detection motion, although I do see now that it has tickboxes to enable human or vehicle detection.

May I ask for what reason would you want to use that over Smart Intrusion Detection?

I've not heard of alarm server before, clearly I need to do some more research. The jpeg could be useful as part of my HA alerting automation. At the moment I have a script which grabs the image, uploads it to a webserver and then includes it in the alert notification but it's a bit on the slow side.

I find intrusion detection seems to ignore a person that’s has entered the box for some time. So enter it trigger but then if the person stays it never triggers again. This isn’t really the use case I wanted. I want to know when a person is in the frame anywhere. even if the event cools down after 5 seconds. I want to know if they are still there. I think given this scenario normal motion detection with Acusense would be better.

Smart intrusion sounds more for like a shopping mall where you don’t want people around one little section of the frame. Just not happy with the way it’s working. Maybe I need to test it more. If the person stays within the box I expected the event to stay in the On state. But it seems to cool down after 5 seconds and that’s it. Then ignores the object forever.

I was pretty much out of ideas so wanted to test everything that would even give me the slightest hope of getting Acusense events correctly.
There was this alarm server option which was renamed from http server. Assuming it’s kind of got alarm companies etc. so I googled and discovered you can host a http server and the camera will post events there. So it’s working fine. But intrusion also post the image which could be useful. but if I wanted the image I probably use FTP or NAS writes instead.

Right now best outcome is hikvision can fix the motion detection isapi bug. else I just need to settle with intrusion detection.

I also need to test the delay before camera fires event. seems to be a it of a delay to be honest. if you run fast I wonder if you can bypass the Acusense all together.

I suspect home assistant with no changes will handle intrusion detection fine. Hence will have a working Acusense solution quite easily.

Got you, I guess the use case is different, I prefer Line Crossing actually now over Intrusion detection as I want to monitor the entrances/driveway to the property and to alert only when someone enters via those monitored areas, then I don't want any more triggers after that (until someone else enters).
As I have permanent record enabled that's enough for me to get a starting trigger point, then I can manually check the footage for additional associated motion after that if need be.
I presume you want a continuous status of 'person present' in your situation.
The alarm in/out workaround posted by JB1970 seems like a good idea.

So it's possible actually that in my case it's actually working properly, however I've had some false triggers with rain on the lens, and also detecting cats which I had thought should be eliminated when using Accusense to filter on humans and vehicles only. Maybe that's just a sensitivity thing I need to adjust, I already have it set to 'Highest' target validity.
I will have to do some more experimenting monitoring the ISAPI stream based on different events and compare when they fire in HA vs triggering motion events within Hik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back