01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New nvr and hdd but doesn’t detect it?

Kilojade

Hi guys I have just tried to set my new nvr up 7600 and have installed 2x 8tb hard drives. But on setup they’re not showing at all. I have tried plugging cables in and out swapping them around just trying 1 hard drive but nothing is changing. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0247.jpeg
    IMG_0247.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 112
It’s like there is no power getting to them. There stone cold after leaving them on a couple hours

If you disconnect the SATA power connector and replug it in do you hear the drive click at all?

Wondering if the drive could be dead, failing that I'd swap the SATA cables.

If you disconnect the SATA power connector and replug it in do you hear the drive click at all?

Wondering if the drive could be dead, failing that I'd swap the SATA cables.

Just tried that then mate and neither of them make a click or any kind of sound at all. I can’t see them both being dead they was both brand new in sealed packs and in a box with sponge ect from use ip as well. The sata cable looks fine can’t see any problem with it.

Just tried that then mate and neither of them make a click or any kind of sound at all. I can’t see them both being dead they was both brand new in sealed packs and in a box with sponge ect from use ip as well. The sata cable looks fine can’t see any problem with it.
Do you have a HDD Caddy lying around?

Could try plugging it into your laptop/PC and see if it picks it up?

Do you have a HDD Caddy lying around?

Could try plugging it into your laptop/PC and see if it picks it up?

I don’t mate but I do have another Nvr at work the same so will take these hard drives over there today and try them in that

Back