01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Night mode but not B/W

mercuryin

Hello there,

I have 2 cameras DS-2CD2385G1-I 8MP and one 7604NI-K1/4P(B).

I am super happy with them but don´t like B/W mode so I wanted to buy any ColorVu to try colour mode at night BUT first I have tried disabling IR and just with Day mode at Night and with a few settings to the exposure and here and there I think I can get same if not almost identical results to Colorvu at night because I have some street lightning at night enough to help to the Darkfighter. I don´t have any Colorvu to compare so I don´t know what to do, probably I would buy one to test.

But my question is the following;

I know I can have two different settings for day or night mode and auto switch automatically or with a schedule switch ok BUT

I want to have different exposure settings for day, let´s say 250/s and a different for night, 1/25 for example and I want both in Colour NOT B/W.

I have tried disabling IR but when switch to Night Mode it change to my preferred exposure, etc. but with B/W image.

Any idea to achieve this?

Thanks

Hi @mercuryin

As far as we are aware there is no way to have the camera settings be fixed to the day mode all the time and then schedule settings to change within that day mode.

If you want to compare the image you are getting with a ColorVu model we would recommend seeing the screenshots posted by this other user:

Back