01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Please update your firmware to the latest available version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
I'm making this plea again, because every day we continue to get calls and enquiries about "odd" issues, features "not working", cameras "gone faulty", cameras that have "gone offline", no longer being able to see video in my App, on my Mac, in IVMS-4200, in my browser, etc.
95% of those callers own HikVision systems.
50% of those callers are what you might term disbelieving when told they need to update their firmware.
Especially if it's a young female member of my team that gives them this message - a whole other story [trust me, they probably know a lot more about this topic than you do - they deal with it every day - they have all been doing so for years!].

As I say, every day we are dealing with this - it is now one year since a back door vulnerability was discovered in HikVision's firmware.

Please note - I will not even begin diagnosing a particular issue or problem with your system until your devices are running the latest firmware - it would be a waste of time!

Furthermore, it is not safe to assume that because you only bought it last week it will be running the latest firmware - you do need to check & update.

IPVM.com created a clever little program that scans the internet, finds hacked HikVision cameras, and grabs an image from them.
There are a LOT of compromised cameras!
Snapshots below.
You can read more here.

So, please, please, please - check your firmware and update your cameras and NVRs to the latest firmware version available.
Do it NOW - don't wait until you are hacked and things stop working.
Without these updates somebody may be accessing your system and leaving no traces.

The latest firmware is available from HikVision's European Download Portal:
Cameras here - DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Recorders here - DOWNLOAD PORTAL

If you need help in identifying the correct firmware for your device - just ask Reply to this Post below, drop us an email, use the chat tool on our website.
NB any of those methods is more effective than phoning us - we need to get a link to you, to get you to the correct web pages for your devices.

Our simple guide to updating your devices can be found here:
https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/how-to-update-hikvision-firmware-in-just-nine-simple-steps.1323/

Please note - those steps have been honed to ensure a successful upgrade, please follow the guide.

IPVM hack map 14-3-18.png

Hacked HikVision camera image 14-3-18.png

NB
Although I have created this Post in our HikVision Forum this advice is not particular to HikVision. GeoVision have recently had a security vulnerability issue which they had to release new firmware to resolve. It is simply good practice to check regularly for new firmware and keep your devices up to date.

Thanks @amcross - You raise a good point that I don't think I have mentioned elsewhere, when your HikVision App or software shows a dialogue box that says "You are running the latest version" I'm afraid you cannot trust that message!

You need to check the Download Portal for the latest firmware - links above in Post #1

If anybody needs help finding the correct firmware - just ask.

Hi, not sure where the firmware download is for my Hikvision Cameras (DS-2CD2332-1). Its a bit confusing and I dont want to stuff my cameras up by guessing which one to download.

Thanks.

... and may I be a pain Keoni ... the correct firmware for the following, is?

Cameras
(a) DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
(b) DS-2CD2385FWD-I

NVR
(a) DS-7608NI-I2

... sorry, but I just find the Hikvision site impossible to navigate!

So grateful.

@Keoni Granger - thanks for that. My bad, yes, I did see that thread, but unfortunately it doesn't tick the boxes for me.

(a) For my DS-2DE4A220IW-DE it is positioned in a way that unfortunately it captures the street light across the road at night.
(b) I have two of these cameras - the other I have purposely turned the IR off at night and it causes no problems.
(c) The one with the IR in the "on" position suffers from slight reflection from the dome, and the street light across the road only makes it worse - even though I actually have the camera titled downwards to avoid as much of the street light I can.

I just thought there may be some optimal settings for the DS-2DE4A220IW-DE at night time.

Hi i have a DS-2CD2332-I cam. it has the CCCH in the serialnumber the say you can not update this camera. Do you know if this is true??
Was looking om the hikvision website but cant vind the frimware download also.

my firmware is
V5.2.0 build 140721

Hope you can help.
Chris

Hi,
That camera is from the R0 family; the latest firmware is available here:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Your serial number does indicate that your camera is a grey import / intended for the Chinese market.
I'm afraid I don't know whether you will be able to update it, as an authorised Hikvision partner we only handle UK market products.
I guess if you search the web you'll find more useful help than I can offer on this topic elsewhere.

Anything new by way of firmware since last April for:

Cameras
(a) DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
(b) DS-2CD2385FWD-I

Thanks as always for your great service!

As others have stated, it's a tad confusing which are the correct versions without the release notes. Any chance you'd be able to provide the correct versions for these:
NVR - DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A
CAM - DS-2CD2142FWD-I
CAM - DS-2CD2143G0-I

many thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back