01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Poor night time performance - DS-2CD2386G2-IU

8mp_4kcam

Hi,

DS-2CD2386G2-IU is running on firmware V5.5.801 build 211105 which is the latest version, but I've noticed that since I've updated it to this version, my notifications have gone alot poorer and it's missing picking up people when they're within detection area.
I'm running this without a NVR.

Under smart event, I'm using intrusion detection, with the below:

Target Detection: Human
Threshold(s): 0
Sensitivity: 75
Target Validity: Higher

I have the camera in colour mode during the night as have PIR lights.
I did turn the values higher but didn't really help.

Any ideas please?

TIA

Hi @8mp_4kcam

Are your maximum and minimum target size boxes still set in the area settings?
I would be inclined to wipe these and redraw them, as the firmware update make have caused a problem with these.

Perhaps reduce the "target validity" to high or basic, and try with the sensitivity at around 50-60%.

If those don't help, can you share a screenshot of the area settings and the camera's Basic Information page in System>System Settings, please?
NB - blur out the serial number:

Hi,

DS-2CD2386G2-IU is running on firmware V5.5.801 build 211105 which is the latest version, but I've noticed that since I've updated it to this version, my notifications have gone alot poorer and it's missing picking up people when they're within detection area.
I'm running this without a NVR.

Under smart event, I'm using intrusion detection, with the below:

Target Detection: Human
Threshold(s): 0
Sensitivity: 75
Target Validity: Higher

I have the camera in colour mode during the night as have PIR lights.
I did turn the values higher but didn't really help.

Any ideas please?

TIA
In our company, we are not satfistied with the ColorVu! We tested over 100 cams with colorvu and much accusense nvr. Not satisfied with the "AI" <- LOL. Its only pixel change detection, not real human or vehicle detection. This false alarmfiltering is only working fine in the remote playback, but not in the live alarm detection! The best cameras for detection are the thermal cameras.

Hi @8mp_4kcam

Are your maximum and minimum target size boxes still set in the area settings?
I would be inclined to wipe these and redraw them, as the firmware update make have caused a problem with these.

Perhaps reduce the "target validity" to high or basic, and try with the sensitivity at around 50-60%.

If those don't help, can you share a screenshot of the area settings and the camera's Basic Information page in System>System Settings, please?
NB - blur out the serial number:
thanks, will make these changes and see how i get on

In our company, we are not satfistied with the ColorVu! We tested over 100 cams with colorvu and much accusense nvr. Not satisfied with the "AI" <- LOL. Its only pixel change detection, not real human or vehicle detection. This false alarmfiltering is only working fine in the remote playback, but not in the live alarm detection! The best cameras for detection are the thermal cameras.

would the performance be better if it was connected to a NVR?

what thermal cameras would you recommend?

This would be highly dependable on what you are expecting the Camera to achieve!!!

You need to take into consideration that these cameras are designed for the Wider, General Market providing some analytical functions for detection purposes etc. But in know means are they designed for Specific Tasks. For example, with ideal light, positioning etc you could clearly read a vehicle Number Plate, however if this is the intention of the Camera, then it would be suggested to use an appropriate camera for the task, such as a Number Plate Recognition Camera.

It would be interesting to know the details of your studies. What you were intending to achieve, how the camera selection was determined & where the "illedged" failures were, in regard to Camera Type vs Expectations
Including the Listed 100+ Cameras

Back