01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

PTZ Camera Added to NVR but only letting my see its secondary stream settings

dturtill

Hi I have 2 Cameras linked to my NVR via a Wireless bridge I have added them Via the Web GUI but for some reason they treat the main feed as the sub feed thus having lower resolution and bit rate.

Hi I have 2 Cameras linked to my NVR via a Wireless bridge I have added them Via the Web GUI but for some reason they treat the main feed as the sub feed thus having lower resolution and bit rate.

Can you provide more information please - NVR model, PTZ model, screenshots of your stream settings, etc...

NVR Is a DS-9632NI-I16

Currently it has 18 channels in use 4 of which are for a panovue camera

The cameras are DS-2DF8436IX-AELW

I have added the cameras to the NVR via the same method and have added the screenshots that show the different settings i can configure via the NVR (if i log directly on to the camera I can set everything correctly)

Attachments

• connected via cable.JPG
    connected via cable.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Connected via Mesh.JPG
    Connected via Mesh.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 187
NVR Is a DS-9632NI-I16

Currently it has 18 channels in use 4 of which are for a panovue camera

The cameras are DS-2DF8436IX-AELW

I have added the cameras to the NVR via the same method and have added the screenshots that show the different settings i can configure via the NVR (if i log directly on to the camera I can set everything correctly)

Are you using home-made network cables or factory-made patch cables to connect this PTZ to your network? We have seen a similar effect before where home-made cables have been terminated incorrectly and this reduces the data that can travel over the connection which then manifests in setting limitations like what you are seeing.

Our recommendation would be to connect the PTZ to your network via a short factory-made patch cable to test if the cable is the cause of the problem.

They are Home Made cables however each one was tested via an RJ45 tester and it seems strange that it is only the mesh unit ones that have the issue, I can't change them yet as the site is 200 miles away so will book a further visit

Also why would the web gui of the camera be fine?

Just to clarify, when you say the webGUI of the camera is fine, do you mean the mainstream in Live View is visible and streams fluently?
Are you able to manage the cameras with iVMS-4200?
Details of the mesh?
Are there other devices connected to the mesh?
How are you connecting to the remote site presently? VPN, static IP?

yes Mainstram is visible and streams perfectly (its on a train line and I can see full movement with no delay).

If I add the camera IP to IVMS I Can View without an issue and alter the config there are other devices added to the mesh and they all seem to have the same issue but to different degrees (2 Bullet cameras are on it one will let me set the config higher then the other)

Will re try with new cables

Back