01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Remote viewing via Hik-Connect has stopped working?

Picard

Hi, my hik-vision connect app works fine at home, but as soon as I join a Wi-Fi network outside the home (e.g. at my parents house) the hik-vision app suggests all my devices are offline and hence I cannot get a live view. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi @Picard

How did you add your devices to the Hik-Connect app? IP address, QR code, or other method?

Hi, managed to sort this, effectively had to reinstall the app for whatever reason. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: Dan
I have the same problem. All ok at home, on phone and kindle but away from home it is offline.
Although I can view from home, the dvr reads "status offline".
If it is any help, the DHCP box shows dis-abled as does the DDNS box. The DNS server is 8888 and alternate 8844
UPnP status is inactive. As far as i know the devices were added by IP address.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

On your iPad log into your NVR using the IP address

Go to configuration, advanced and set Access Platform Mode at the top to HiLookVision, that should populate the address with something like litedev.eu.hilookview.com then just add an encryption password.

Whilst with your NVR on the first page (system i think) there is a very long serial number, ignore the WCVU at the end and write down the 9 characters before them (my one was AB1234567 type format).

Go to the hikvision app on your phone, add device manually, adding type is Hik-connect domain and enter the serial number you wrote down and it should find your nvr. If it asks for a code type in the password you did earlier.

Once added it should automatically show on the main Page of the hik vision app.

Then test it works by switching off your phone Wi-Fi and use 4G.

hopefully that fixes it?

Many thanks for your early response, Picard. Much appreciated.

I'll follow your suggestions and let you know the outcome.

Bad start, but I haven't got Platform access on my recorder! Older model DS7204. I followed the rest of your advice and it confirmed Hik connection but still showing offline . I may be missing something obvious if it worked for you so I'll look up an alternative way of getting the access and persevere.
Thank you again

Bad start, but I haven't got Platform access on my recorder! Older model DS7204. I followed the rest of your advice and it confirmed Hik connection but still showing offline . I may be missing something obvious if it worked for you so I'll look up an alternative way of getting the access and persevere.
Thank you again

That’s a shame, I did a google search and it suggests older NVRs had “extranet access” which was the platform access equivalent. Not sure if you can see that option anywhere?

Also worth checking you have the latest firmware: HIKVISION EUROPE

Sorry I’m not much of an expert on these things, I just went through the pain myself. Hope you get it sorted.

Back