01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

The stream is encrypted. Please go to the Local Configuration interface to set the Encryption Key and restart live view.

pdampier

I have what is probably a very stupid question. This used to be working and I'm not sure how I broke it.

Scenario:

1. K-Series NVR on latest firmware with 8 G1 POE cameras directly connected to it
2. I'm logged into the NVR via IEhelper tab in Chrome
3. The local web components are installed on the PC
4. Live video works on my HikConnect iOS app
5. Live video does not work on the web interface of the NVR as I get the error in the title of this post ("The stream is encrypted. Please go to the Local Configuration interface to set the Encryption Key and restart live view.)

How do I fix this? I see in web settings under "Configuration, Local, there is an "Encryption Key" field which has some values but obviously only shows as *****

What steps do I need to take to get video playing back again in IE?

Thanks in adance.

Solution
Hi @pdampier

The Encryption key should be the verification code/encryption key you set when configuring Hik-Connect.

If you log in to the NVR and go to Network > Advanced Settings > Platform Access you should see the verification code, if you click the little eye symbol you can reveal the code and then type this code into the local menu and click save.

Once the encryption key is saved you should be able to see the cameras when you return to the live view page.
Hi @pdampier

The Encryption key should be the verification code/encryption key you set when configuring Hik-Connect.

If you log in to the NVR and go to Network > Advanced Settings > Platform Access you should see the verification code, if you click the little eye symbol you can reveal the code and then type this code into the local menu and click save.

Once the encryption key is saved you should be able to see the cameras when you return to the live view page.

Upvote 2
Solution
Back