01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

'The user is locked' error on camera

alexf40

One of my cameras (DS-2CD2332 v5.2.0 build 140721) went offline over the weekend, on looking in to the issue I've discovered that I can't connect to the camera.

The camera has a static IP and is on the same subnet as my PC, on going to the camera's IP address the browser shows the usual login screen, but on entering username/password I get an 'Abnormal Network' error.

SADP tool shows the camera and so does IVMS, however IVMS shows the camera as
'The user is locked' when trying to re add the camera from the online devices table.

Would really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Hikvision PTZ cameras
It's an unusual error message.
Can you for instance change the camera's IP address using SADP?
Kind of 'base level' would prove you are using the correct user name and password.
You should then be able to login via Internet Explorer and update your camera(s).

The latest firmware for that family (R0) is here (V5.4.5):
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I've tried changing the IP address through SADP, and I get a 'device rejected' error message. However the password is 100% correct.

What's strange though, is I used the password reset functionality and restored it to the default admin/12345 and SADP now allows me to change the IP address. I've changed the IP and used an incognito window just in case, and I still get the same 'Network adnormal' message in the browser and 'HCNetSDK.dll[153]. (The user is locked.)' in IVMS.

Thanks Phil.

Last edited:
I've come across this here; Hikvision Indonesia

The user name is locked. Too many times of password failure cause the user name to be locked.
Reset the device. Or wait for 30 minutes.
If the IP is locked, you can use another laptop with a different IP address and go to remote configuration -> system -> login security to unlock the locked IP.

My network is not externally accessible and I've never entered the wrong password as the passwords are saved.

Can you use Internet Explorer?

I've only been able to try IE tab in Chrome as have Win10

Internet Explorer is still there in Windows 10, it's just that Microsoft hide it.

If you begin typing Internet in the 'Type here to search' box at the bottom-left it should appear as an option in the Start panel list:
(you can then click to open and run it)

IE in Win10 12-3-18.png

Well I never knew that, thanks. Unfortunately I still get the same error with IE. I've tried setting my PC with a static IP address in case the IP was blocked but still get the same issue.

Just occasionally the Batch Config Tool lets you get things done when all else fails.

Can you see if your'e able to update the firmware with that tool:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Thanks Phil, never knew about that tool. Awesome it's fixed, I just logged on through the batch tool and then I could use the camera again as normal.

That's saved me with another issue where I couldn't update a UK camera as the firmware kept failing. Worked first time in the batch upload tool.

Thanks Phil, never knew about that tool. Awesome it's fixed, I just logged on through the batch tool and then I could use the camera again as normal.

That's saved me with another issue where I couldn't update a UK camera as the firmware kept failing. Worked first time in the batch upload tool.

@alexf40 I think I have a similar problem mine seems to be after a windows update. I was wondering how did you resolve in the end, were you able to login via the batch tool.

One of my cameras (DS-2CD2332 v5.2.0 build 140721) went offline over the weekend, on looking in to the issue I've discovered that I can't connect to the camera.

The camera has a static IP and is on the same subnet as my PC, on going to the camera's IP address the browser shows the usual login screen, but on entering username/password I get an 'Abnormal Network' error.

SADP tool shows the camera and so does IVMS, however IVMS shows the camera as
'The user is locked' when trying to re add the camera from the online devices table.

Would really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance
After you follow these instructions from Hickvision support website: How do I fix the camera error 'User is Locked?'
Add the camera again and assign to it the same password as the recorder. It worked for me.

Back