01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What HIK NVR to buy?

KISSMYAURA

Hi, newbie here.

Have a HIK 7608, had it for around 9 years or so i think want to upgrade but having fun with HIK model numbers etc
Requirements

X 2 HDMI out

8 or 16 channel with POE for say 4 or more
**important** need to be able to view via web without a plug in
use 5 IP hik cams via network swich ( one is a villa station / intercom) and 3 via POE plug n play
X 2 ethernet ( not a deal breaker)
any suggestions?

Hi @KISSMYAURA

Below are the 2 NVR models we would recommend that meet your requirements:

Hikvision DS-7716NI-I4-16P 16 Channel Network Video Recorder

Hikvision DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/S 16 Channel 4 SATA AcuSense Network Video Recorder

The only spec you requested that these models don't support is the 2 x Ethernet connections, unfortunately, this is only a feature available on the much larger 9600 Series NVRs (DS-9664NI-I8, DS-96128NI-I16, etc...).

The only major difference in spec between the above 2 models is that the AcuSense NVR allows you to apply the AcuSense smart functionality to up 4 non-AcuSense cameras, the standard 7716NI-I4 NVR will support AcuSense but only for new AcuSense camera models. In your case, as you have some existing old models the AcuSense NVR may be the one to go for.

You can learn a bit more about how non-AcuSense cameras work with the AcuSense NVR from the below forum post:

Hi Dan,

blown away with your response thank you so much! as a mod on a Land rover forum would be nice if our lot weas a helpful as you!

So if i were to add to my requirements x 2 HDMI out, what would you recommend, key is being able to view via web without a plug in, and platfotm access via hik connect etc

We have two screens, and am yet to find a decnt HDMI intelligent splitter that can cope with two different screen resolutions, and bot being turned on and off idependantly, seems to cause problems with the HDMI handshake for both screens, so only one works.
IF you happen to know of a reliable HDMI splitter that can do the job then the NVR's you suggest above hit the spot!

Hi Dan,

blown away with your response thank you so much! as a mod on a Land rover forum would be nice if our lot weas a helpful as you!

So if i were to add to my requirements x 2 HDMI out, what would you recommend, key is being able to view via web without a plug in, and platfotm access via hik connect etc

We have two screens, and am yet to find a decnt HDMI intelligent splitter that can cope with two different screen resolutions, and bot being turned on and off idependantly, seems to cause problems with the HDMI handshake for both screens, so only one works.
IF you happen to know of a reliable HDMI splitter that can do the job then the NVR's you suggest above hit the spot!
forgive me i have big thumbs and a small phone

Thank you @KISSMYAURA

We do try to be as helpful as possible :)

Apologies but our product pages for both the above models were not up to date and if you look at the below datasheets for both models from the Hikvision website you will see that the latest version of both models does support 2 x HDMI

7716NI-I4/16P Datasheet
7716NXI-I4/16P/S AcuSense Datasheet

What you will see though is that the while main HDMI connection (HDMI1) can support max. 4K resolution, the secondary HDMI (HDMI2) can only support a resolution of up to 1080p (2MP). This doesn't mean you have to have the cameras all set to 2MP for them to work on 2 screens, it just means the resolution output over that 2nd HDMI will be limited to 1080p (e.g. if you had several 4K camera live streams sent across that 2nd HDMI to a large 4K monitor you would see a stretched/pixelated 1080p image).

Unfortunately, this resolution limit is the same on the larger 9600 series NVRs as well, we believe Hikvision designed them this way because they primarily saw the dual HDMI being used in a security office where they would have one large screen on the wall with the max. resolution image and a 2nd smaller desktop monitor for operating the NVR.

You can see a bit more about how dual monitors work with Hikvision NVRs by reading this forum post:

Back