01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

what is the best way to protect the recorded videos from being stolen?

aeroxr1

Hi, sadly my last one NVR was stolen by the thiefs and with that I have loose the theft's video. Therefore I'm looking for a new NVR.
Because I also have 3 bnc camera I thought to buy:
- an dvr which exports rtsp videos stream
- an nvr to show off
- an nvr to put in a hidden place
or
- an nvr with 3 bnc inputs to show off (where the bnc cables arrives)
- an nvr to put in a hidden place
What do you think about it ?
I want to buy two NVR to protect the videos recorded to avoid be stolen by the thiefs. Is it a bad solution ?

Last edited:
Hi @aeroxr1

For the size of system you are looking at there are no DVR/NVR models I can think of that would support continuous or bulk backup to another NVR/DVR, most recorders will only allow for small automatic backups of event recordings and/or stills via FTP (or similar).

The only other option that will get close to continuous backup would be to use a 3rd-party cloud storage service like VideoLoft or Eagle Eye Networks, but these are expensive options if you want to store large amounts of footage.

The most cost-effective option would be to simply install the DVR/NVR in a lockbox or similar secure housing.

Hi :)

Hi @aeroxr1

For the size of system you are looking at there are no DVR/NVR models I can think of that would support continuous or bulk backup to another NVR/DVR, most recorders will only allow for small automatic backups of event recordings and/or stills via FTP (or similar).

The only other option that will get close to continuous backup would be to use a 3rd-party cloud storage service like VideoLoft or Eagle Eye Networks, but these are expensive options if you want to store large amounts of footage.

The most cost-effective option would be to simply install the DVR/NVR in a lockbox or similar secure housing.
What do you think about Amazon Blink system or ezviz ?
I can't hide the place where the bnc cable arrive in my house, but I can hide the nvr. Is there a way to export the stream of dvr and to capture that from the NVR ?

Both Blink and Ezviz are cheap consumer ranges that have fewer features than Hikvision products, are usually made of cheaper & less durable materials (mainly plastic), and more and more we are seeing these consumer cloud-based solutions turn out to be closed-loop/not ONVIF compliant which can lock you into only using their products and software.

I am not aware of any solution/software that will continually back up the camera streams coming into an NVR/DVR.

Both Blink and Ezviz are cheap consumer ranges that have fewer features than Hikvision products, are usually made of cheaper & less durable materials (mainly plastic), and more and more we are seeing these consumer cloud-based solutions turn out to be closed-loop/not ONVIF compliant which can lock you into only using their products and software.

I am not aware of any solution/software that will continually back up the camera streams coming into an NVR/DVR.
Thanks !

Back