01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect A few Questions

coffeeKing81

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your help a few weeks ago.

From the advice you all gave me I returned My NVR that only had 4 channels to a 8 channel DS-7608NI-M2/8P. Running the most recent software
V5.02.000, Build 240229.

I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask your help with:-

On trying to access the NVR via edge It asks for a plug-in to be installed to view cameras. Everytime I download it then go into the stream key to add it the plug in seems to delete itself and asks for the plug-in again. Last week I entered the wrong stream key in by accident and have been stuck in this loop since.

I’ve rebooted the NVR several times and back to factory settings with NIL effect. I thought this would have fixed the stream key issue too.

Another question I have is at night when an event is triggered I would like the lights of my cameras to turn on. How do I do this as I can’t see an option through the NVR to do this & I can’t find it online as not working right.

I turned off the supplementary light as on 2 of my cameras the lights were on all night & I would prefer to use these to come on as a deterrent.

I have 4 x colour vu DS-2CD2387G2-LU. Running up to date software V5.7.13 build 230504.

Is there a way to have the camera give an audible warning, I found some sound files on the NVR but the only ones were:- temp normal, temp abnormal and wear a mask. How do you download more sound files to the NVR.

Last question if we wanted to add 1 further 4K camera will the NVR cope at running 5 cameras in 4K?

Your assistance as always is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Running the most recent software
V5.02.000, Build 240229.
That's not up to date. Forget anything on the NVR or app that tells you it is as it's well known not to work. Latest can be found on the product page here:

Another question I have is at night when an event is triggered I would like the lights of my cameras to turn on. How do I do this as I can’t see an option through the NVR to do this & I can’t find it online as not working right.
It has to be supported by the camera firmware and it has to be set up directly on the camera not the NVR. There's an additional linkage action on the events to trigger the white light. Keep in mind that the white light was on all night as it was needed. You'll have a poor image without it when there's no event to trigger it as there's insufficient light. You would have been better with the G2H model of the ColorVu camera which has both white LED light and infra red. That can be set to use IR throughout the night but switch to colour with white LED on event.
I have 4 x colour vu DS-2CD2387G2-LU. Running up to date software V5.7.13 build 230504.
Same as the NVR that is out of date with the latest version being 5.7.17_240731.

Is there a way to have the camera give an audible warning, I found some sound files on the NVR but the only ones were:- temp normal, temp abnormal and wear a mask. How do you download more sound files to the NVR.
No. You have the LU models. For audible warning you would need the LSU/SL which features speaker and additional strobe light.
Last question if we wanted to add 1 further 4K camera will the NVR cope at running 5 cameras in 4K?
There will be no issue with that recorder.

I think you've made some errors when ordering your system. The initial issue of the wrong NVR to suit the cameras you've resolved. However it sounds like the cameras you wanted/needed were the DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL. The hybrid light would've given a good night time black & white image using infra red and switched to colour with white LED on event, while the speaker could've been configured for an audible alert (siren, pre programmed voice, custom uploaded message)

Reactions: Dan
That's not up to date. Forget anything on the NVR or app that tells you it is as it's well known not to work. Latest can be found on the product page here:

It has to be supported by the camera firmware and it has to be set up directly on the camera not the NVR. There's an additional linkage action on the events to trigger the white light. Keep in mind that the white light was on all night as it was needed. You'll have a poor image without it when there's no event to trigger it as there's insufficient light. You would have been better with the G2H model of the ColorVu camera which has both white LED light and infra red. That can be set to use IR throughout the night but switch to colour with white LED on event.

Same as the NVR that is out of date with the latest version being 5.7.17_240731.

No. You have the LU models. For audible warning you would need the LSU/SL which features speaker and additional strobe light.

There will be no issue with that recorder.

I think you've made some errors when ordering your system. The initial issue of the wrong NVR to suit the cameras you've resolved. However it sounds like the cameras you wanted/needed were the DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL. The hybrid light would've given a good night time black & white image using infra red and switched to colour with white LED on event, while the speaker could've been configured for an audible alert (siren, pre programmed voice, custom uploaded message)
Hi JB1970

As always thanks for your replies I will make sure to update the software for everything. Is this why I can’t access through the website?

Always us though I wish I had found this forum before we had ordered everything!

Cheers

Andy

Hi JB1970

I downloaded the new NVR software and managed to get the internet end to work through the IE explorer mode workaround through edge which is working fine now.

On installing the software online it didn’t work so I installed it onto a flash drive and tried to install and got the following error. I have downloaded the software 3 times and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

I also can’t find the software download for the cameras on the hik vision website

Cheers

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_2111.jpeg
    IMG_2111.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33
Hi JB1970

I downloaded the new NVR software and managed to get the internet end to work through the IE explorer mode workaround through edge which is working fine now.

On installing the software online it didn’t work so I installed it onto a flash drive and tried to install and got the following error. I have downloaded the software 3 times and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

I also can’t find the software download for the cameras on the hik vision website

Cheers

Andy
I think maybe you didn't first decompress/unzip the downloaded file. When unzipped it will be called 'digicap.dav'

I noticed on the Hikvision site (UK) that your model isn't in the product pages anymore. Go to hikvision.com/en then click Support > Firmware. Type in 2347 in the search box and you'll see version 5.7.17_240731.

I think maybe you didn't first decompress/unzip the downloaded file. When unzipped it will be called 'digicap.dav'

I noticed on the Hikvision site (UK) that your model isn't in the product pages anymore. Go to hikvision.com/en then click Support > Firmware. Type in 2347 in the search box and you'll see version 5.7.17_240731.
Thank you,

I will try this on Thursday on my days off

Cheers

Andy

Back