01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Access control vs Intercom station

616marek

Hello guys, I have a question.

I’m looking at differences between intercom and access control system. I understand the main difference where for example face recognition or fingerprint reader is used to open doors and record attendance for example and intercom is more like answering a door bell.

But my issue is how do you connect the whole system?

So:

1. I saw videos where face recognition and fingerprint reader were connected to access controler together with a door lock.

2. Then there are intercom stations working as standalone devices right? So external door bell with camera and internal main station which is connected via Ethernet cable to the Poe switch.

My question here is what is the difference between these 2? Can you not connect face recognition or fingerprint reader to your local network along with internal station and avoid using the access controler?

Or could you connect all of it to your NVR? Or is there no benefit in doing that?

Thank you!

For an access control system there would normally be something at the centere/core.
Something like a software solution.
Which allows you to administer it.
To manage the people.
To manage the devices.
To manage the polices; who can go where, and when.
Etc.

Net2 Access Control Software | Paxton Access Control

Hello,
You can administer the whole system through the IVMS software.
The intercom system,the modules such as card reader, keypad, nametag unit, etc......all communicating with the
door station e.g DS-KD-8003 through RS-485.

The access control system should be wired and configurated in the common adviceable way, with an acess network
controller. The readers wires and connects to this controller, together with exit button, magnetic contact and
electric strike

Back