01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Accessing HikVision DS-2CD1323G0E-I camera outside LAN?

cayo

I have a HikVision DS-2CD1323G0E-I camera and would like to access live view over the Internet (outside my LAN).

Currently I can access admin and live view settings via Edge browser and IP address http://192.168.1.64 (according to the online user manual at this link: Products /IP-Products /Network Cameras/value-series/ds-2cd1323g0e-i/),
and using a very simple connection string below I can connect to the live view camera from other devices:
'rtsp://camera1:xxxxxxx@192.168.1.64:554'.

All these accesses only work within my LAN. But I would also like to have access outside of my LAN.
I made a configuration on my modem (ZTE ZXHN H199A) enabling port forwarding to 192.168.1.23:554 (according to the user manual mentioned above) but it doesn't work. I tried changing it to 192.168.1.23:554, but when I try again, it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help me on this issue?

I have a HikVision DS-2CD1323G0E-I camera and would like to access live view over the Internet (outside my LAN).

Currently I can access admin and live view settings via Edge browser and IP address http://192.168.1.64 (according to the online user manual at this link: Products /IP-Products /Network Cameras/value-series/ds-2cd1323g0e-i/),
and using a very simple connection string below I can connect to the live view camera from other devices:
'rtsp://camera1:xxxxxxx@192.168.1.64:554'.

All these accesses only work within my LAN. But I would also like to have access outside of my LAN.
I made a configuration on my modem (ZTE ZXHN H199A) enabling port forwarding to 192.168.1.23:554 (according to the user manual mentioned above) but it doesn't work. I tried changing it to 192.168.1.23:554, but when I try again, it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help me on this issue?
It depends what on the camera you're trying to access and how. For viewing with Hik-Connect app directly using IP/Domain adding method you need to forward TCP 8000 (server port) as well as 554 (RTSP). If you want access to the web configuration as well you'll also need to forward port 80 (if you're using port forwarding for direct connection, I usually advise changing the 3 default ports (80, 8000, 554) to something different (such as 49000, 49001, 49002) as that'll prevent a few attempted illegal logins (the default ports are very well known)

Of course it can be done without any port forwarding if you just enable Hik-Connect under Network > Advanced > Platform Access on the camera and create (if you haven't already) a Hik-Connect account to add the camera to. As the Hik-Connect service uses P2P, no port forwarding is required.

It depends what on the camera you're trying to access and how. For viewing with Hik-Connect app directly using IP/Domain adding method you need to forward TCP 8000 (server port) as well as 554 (RTSP). If you want access to the web configuration as well you'll also need to forward port 80 (if you're using port forwarding for direct connection, I usually advise changing the 3 default ports (80, 8000, 554) to something different (such as 49000, 49001, 49002) as that'll prevent a few attempted illegal logins (the default ports are very well known)

Of course it can be done without any port forwarding if you just enable Hik-Connect under Network > Advanced > Platform Access on the camera and create (if you haven't already) a Hik-Connect account to add the camera to. As the Hik-Connect service uses P2P, no port forwarding is required.
Thank you for reply!

I configured my router (port forwarding) with the same settings that i accessed from web browser (Edge). Not as it was in the manual.
And now my access to live view outside from my LAN works fine.

Thank you again.

Back