01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Acusense NVR, non-acusense cameras. Basic events motion detection not working

hgeorges

Hello;
This is a summary and condensed version to this post here :
DS-7608nxi-i2/s (c): No more rules are allowed. How many and what types of rules? - refocused on my current state.
Thanks again for the help received so far. Please help me just a tiny bit more!

If the reading above too long and boring, here is the very condensed summary:

Acusense NVR, engine set on Motion detection. Set to perform continuous recording on all channels.
5 IPcameras/channels: 1 w/ acusense camera set to process acusense events itself (smart events), 4 w/o acusense set on basic events, motion/ human detection. The NVR is set to process events from these four cameras.

On the acusense camera channel the events are detected, send notifications, and mark the recorded footage. (i.e. it works as intended)
On the non-acusense channels (supposed to be processed by the NVR) events are not detected, since don't send notifications and do not mark the recorded footage.
I don't have a clue why.

Thank you for any suggestion to correct this situation.

Last edited:
I don't have a clue why.
In the NVR there’s an option to save/discard camera VCA data. Ensure it is set to save the data (by default it discards it) I forget which menu the option is in, but it may be inaccessible using a web browser and need setting directly on the NVR menu.

In the NVR there’s an option to save/discard camera VCA data. Ensure it is set to save the data (by default it discards it) I forget which menu the option is in, but it may be inaccessible using a web browser and need setting directly on the NVR menu.
Thank you very much for this pointer. At the moment I'm only able to work through the web browser, but I'll check that as soon as I get to the console.

Back