01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Adding Hilook IOC-T259H camera to my QVIS Genisys NVR?

OCC

Hi everyone, I have a Qvis Genisys NVR system in my shop that was installed a few years ago from a cctv company that no longer exist. The problem now is that one of the cameras is damaged and I can't find a replacement (QVIS IP camera 5M) nor help from the brand as they only provide support to CCTV companies.

Tried to trying to find exactly the same camera that i have in place and been unable to find, I took the risk and bought a Hilook IOC-T259H camera whooping that the installation was like plug & play...

The problem is that my NVR is unable to connect to this camera even after i activate and change the IP address of the camara to the same as the one I need to replace.

Another problem is that I can't find anywhere what IP cameras is compatible with the Genisys 1D9159 model.

Is there anyone able to give me a help?

Hi @OCC

Have you tried adding the camera with it set to a different IP address on the same range as the camera you had connected previously? (just as an example, if the Qvis camera was on 192.168.5.1 have you tried adding the new camera with the address set to 192.168.5.2 / 192.168.5.5 / 192.168.5.10 / or any other address on that same range)

If you are adding the new camera to the same channel as the old camera you will probably need to go to the settings of that specific channel, change the channel from Plug & Play to manual, and manually enter the new IP address that you have set the HiLook camera to.

Reactions: OCC
Hi Dan, thanks for the reply.

I have already tried with exactly the same IP address as the old one, with the camera original IP address (different range) and also with same range but different Ip and nothing works. The NVR can't detect the new camera.

I'm afraid I don't have the option to change the channel from Plug&Play to Manual I believe.

Attachments

• 20231017_172607.jpg
    20231017_172607.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
Well it looks like I somewhat managed ... lol

At least the NVR is connecting with the camera and allows to click on Add IP Camera, but despite that, the Status continuously says "Adding IP Camera"

What am I missing here?

What should I do?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-17 175220.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-17 175220.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 64
Back