01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice on a new setup.

Fx1

Hi.

So im going to sell my 2 Nest cams as the quality at night isnt good enough due to compression and poor night vision.

I need to understand some info on the Cameras and NVR before i buy.

Firstly does the NVR need to connect to a router by ethernet in order to get online viewing by browser? The issue is that my TV is not near my router. I can put the NVR near the Router but then id need to connect a monitor temporary to the NVR to set it up im guessing but cant permanently connect one to it as the router is in a cupboard but then on i could manage it by browser off the PC im guessing?

The cameras need to cover the driveway and front garden and rear garden and im interested in quality detailed night vision for facial identification and smart features which alert when people step on my driveway at night (attempted car theft recently) Im going to mount them just above face height on each corner of the property and might even run one without night vision for colour images to help with identification.

Can you recommend an 8mp camera with excellent night vision image quality which has smart features that wont get set off by the cat and other annoying things like car headlights and bugs flying around.

Thanks

Anything not quite as expensive. It would be cheaper to let them steal the car and pay the excess lol

What is the difference between a 2383 and 2385 as one is more expensive?

It doesn't look like they have a good track record of releasing on time. I could maybe change one of the cameras when they release as all 3 or 4 didn't need to be so high tech. Maybe buy 2 now and 2 in may

Can you confirm the NVR needs Ethernet to a router? or can they work over wifi?

Also what NVR would be suitable for my needs?

Thanks

Im amazed that they need to be plugged in to a router given that every device made now has wifi.

Im thinking maybe installing the NVR then in the cupboard with the router and putting a small 10" wall monitor on the kitchen wall as a CCTV monitor via HDMI.

Any idea if id need a 8gb or 4GB HDD for maybe 4x 8mp cameras on 24/7 record?

How confident are you that the new cameras arrive in may? Is there anything better which is more money available now?

I am fairly confident that the new cameras will arrive in May, as we now have site of them being available to order - indeed some variants (the 2.8mm lens) are en-route.

Hikvision's 5-line models are available now, with a better specification, but at a heck of a price premium:
Hikvision SmartIP 3.0 (5-Line) ¦ use-IP Ltd

What do they actually do different or better than the ones you listed previous

Ive just realised the turrets can be manually moved by anyone which makes them no good as they will be mounted too low.

So have they resolved the glare issues with domes which can be low and fixed in place?

What do they actually do different or better than the ones you listed previous

They provide a list of features which you are unlikely to be willing to pay the premium price for - only people with exceptional use-cases will e.g. we recently sold several for a sports science application.

Ive just realised the turrets can be manually moved by anyone which makes them no good as they will be mounted too low.

Turrets are clamped by means of a screw when you complete the installation and setup (the bezel ring is then fitted over that).

Unfortunately, no camera is completely interference proof.
i.e. even VR domes can be spray-painted :(

So the turret can be prevented from moving by a set screw so it doesnt move? So there is no real reason to get a dome then other than anti vandal?

Yes, the turrets are our GoTo for their inherent benefits:

Back