01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

After a power outage Hikvision cameras show offline at my Uniview NVR?

thuram

Hello pals,

I have installed some Hikvision cameras and configured them through POE to a Uniview NVR.

The problem is, when there is a power outage the cameras ain't coming back online?

On the main display there is an error of wrong parameters (username or password).
But when I access the cameras through the web login it pops up on the display and it works perfect.

Any suggestions please?

Any suggestions please?

As you can still access the cameras on the network and login to them via their web interface you've proven nothing has changed on the Hikvision cameras with regard to the password. There are a few possibilities:

1 - You originally set the cameras up to get an IP address via DHCP and you entered those IP addresses when setting up the NVR. The power outage caused the cameras to renegotiate with the DHCP server (router) and now they all have different IP addresses. The NVR is trying to access the cameras at their old address. The fix would be to statically address all of your cameras and then re add them to the Uniview NVR. You could also reserve DHCP addresses in the router for the cameras but I wouldn't recommend that, as you'll be in the same boat if your router is replaced.

2 - The NVR is not connected to the network or does not have an IP address in the same range as the cameras since the power outage. If the NVR was setup DHCP, it may have failed to obtain an IP address after the outage. That should be easy enough to check by trying to access the NVR with a web browser from elsewhere on the network.

3 - The outage caused some corruption in the NVR and it has lost its settings. That would be unusual.

I suspect '1' above is the most likely cause.

Back