01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Are ColorVu & AcuSense Cameras Supported by the K-series AcuSense NVRs?

Bart

Hi,

Are ColorVu & AcuSense cameras supported by the K series NXI NVR?
like the DS-7608NXI-K2/8P?

I know that acusense NVR and Camaras do not add extra functions because both devices use acusense.

But now i have 2 acusense/colorvu cameras and 1 thermal/deepinview camera running stand alone. i would like to attach them to the NXI-K2 NVR.
In future i would like to maybe upgrade with a pair of second hand 2385FWD-i cameras to reduce the costs here.

are 180 degree wide angel cameras (like the ds-2cd2387g2p-lsu/sl) supported by the DS-7608NXI-K2/8P?

would this work together with the DS-7608NXI-K2/8P?

is the DS-7608NXI-K2/8P a good choise?

Hi @Bart

We would recommend looking at our recent thread that compares all the current Hikvision NVR options.

If it is a system that is a mix of old, AcuSense/ColorVu, and DeepinMind cameras then we would probably recommend an I-series AcuSense NVR like the DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S

The I-series AcuSense NVRs give you more outgoing bandwidth for better remote access and higher decoding capacity allowing you to simultaneously stream more cameras at a higher resolution.

Hi @Bart

We would recommend looking at our recent thread that compares all the current Hikvision NVR options.

If it is a system that is a mix of old, AcuSense/ColorVu, and DeepinMind cameras then we would probably recommend an I-series AcuSense NVR like the DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S

The I-series AcuSense NVRs give you more outgoing bandwidth for better remote access and higher decoding capacity allowing you to simultaneously stream more cameras at a higher resolution.
Is decoding capacity the biggest difference.

The K series can decode 4 channels at 4mp and 8 channels at 1080 which is sufficient for me.

How about the support for the 180° camera or the thermal heatpro camera?
I see that the 180° camera is only supported by an I series NVR. But i think this suggestion from hikvision is from the past when there were no NXI K series on the market.

Because the K series NXI have a newer firmware, do they support the same camera's and options as I series? its only that the device hardware is slower to decode the streams?

Back