01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Best software to run multiple IP cameras together?

Elvira

Hi,

I'm looking for any recommendations for software to view, record and playback my 10 cameras together on the same platform.

I have a 8 channel Hikvision NVR box which 7 of the cameras are connected via PoE and one is connected via WiFi and I currently use the Hik-Connect app for these cameras. Then I have another WiFi camera which is operated via IMOU app and one more which is also a WiFi camera but I dont know what operates it yet as have not fully set it up.

I'm hoping to find some software where I can live view, record and playback all these cameras together, rather than having to open at least 3 different apps if I want to watch them all at the same time.

Does such a software exist and if it does could any recommend one?

Many thanks!

Hi Dan,

The cameras I have are:

2 x Imou (IPC-G22P) One connected directly to Hikvision NVR, one connects via WiFi to the IMOU app
1 x Anpviz (IPC-280W-S) Connects via PoE to Hikvision NVR
2 x Anpviz (IPC-280G-S-FX-US) Connects via PoE Hikvision NVR
4 x Mini 5MP WiFi (Dont know the model numbers but they are the birdbox type) Three connect via PoE to Hikvision NVR, one connects to Hikvision NVR via WiFi
1 x Birdsy Camera (possible model number is HV-WF500G2Z - bullet camera with ariel to connect to WiFi) not set up yet but will connect via WiFi to whatever app it uses as all NVR channels are now full

Sorry thats as much info as I have but hope it helps!

Hi @Elvira

Thanks for sharing the details of your cameras.

Unfortunately, these are all relatively obscure brands/models that are not ONVIF compliant, this means you will likely have issues adding some (if not all) of the cameras to a 3rd-party VMS.

I think your current NVR solution is the most practical and cost-effective because if you were to go in the direction of a 3rd-party VMS you would need to remove the NVR, connect all the PoE cameras to separate PoE switches/injectors, purchase device licenses for each camera, and build a custom PC server to record footage from the cameras.

Back