01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Black screen with IP camera on DVR-204Q-K1

xxbluedragonxx

Hi new user here hoping someone can help!

I have a HikVision / HikLook DVR-204Q-K1 it is on firmware V4.30.210 build 210512 which it tells me is the latest version when i try an online update.

I have a Sinocam IP camera on the same network. No other cameras plugged into the DVR. The camera is configured to a fixed IP 192.168.11.100 and is using H264 1280x720 at 25fps. I frame is also 25. I have tried to set the camera to fixed byerate and also to fixed quality to no avail. The camera definitely works because I can access its stream and control page from the network. It also shows up ok in a mobile app "CamViews"

The DVR is on the same subnet and is also on a fixed IP 192.168.11.123

No matter what I do I cannot get Live View to show the mainstream channel with the DVR :(

I have used the DVR web front end in Internet Explorer and in Local have added the encryption password which is set in Network->Advanced Settings.

In camera management the camera is showing in the list as Connected.

The DVR network light is flickering so it is receiving data. When I hover over the icon in the live view it shows bit rate fluctuating, the 720p resolution and h264 BUT it always shows 0fps.

ONE time it actually showed the stream. I don't know how because I left the unit alone for a while and suddenly the video stream was showing. When i tried to log on though using the login pattern image it immediately went back to the black screen. So I am hoping someone here can help figure out why it's not working before i send it back?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Hi @xxbluedragonxx

Sorry that you haven't received any replies, it is probably because your cameras are not a recognised brand and there probably aren't any users here with experience using those Sinocam cameras.

We also have no experience with this camera brand or the HiLook DVR range, but my initial thought when reading your description above is that because the Sinocam brand appears to be quite a low budget brand their cameras are unlikely to be ONVIF compliant. ONVIF is the universal standard used by IP equipment to allow you to link devices from different brands together, if your cameras are not ONVIF compliant you may not be able to connect them to the Hikvision recorder.

Hi @Dan

Thanks for the reply. It's a Szincocam and yes quite cheap one. It can be connected to using ONVIF Device Manager as well. Such a shame as the camera itself has been going quite a few years now :) I used a Mac Mini as a makeshift DVR previously which broke recently and am having trouble finding a suitable replacement.

Perhaps it might be time to replace the camera as well!

The strangest thing! Video is now showing from the DVR output. I haven't changed a thing! But soon as I touch the mouse it'll go back to the black screen :(

Back