01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Activation Password?

stewart

I set-up a Camera Activation Password on my NVR that I used on one of the cameras, the camera is working.

When I try to revert back to the original camera password the camera stops working. Is there a way of getting this camera to accept the original camera password?

Any help is welcome

Thanks

Stewart

My CCTV setup
Two DS-2CD2335FW-1
NVR DS-7604N1-K1/49 (B)

I set-up a Camera Activation Password on my NVR that I used on one of the cameras, the camera is working.

When I try to revert back to the original camera password the camera stops working. Is there a way of getting this camera to accept the original camera password?

Any help is welcome

Thanks

Stewart

My CCTV setup
Two DS-2CD2335FW-1
NVR DS-7604N1-K1/49 (B)
The camera activation password (which sets the admin password of the camera using plug and play) is usually just set the same as the NVR admin password unless you've a need for it to be different. If you get it so that both cameras are working (use the activation password that you don't want) and then try changing your NVR admin password. You might get a prompt asking you whether you want the NVR to send that password to all connected cameras to which you would answer yes, then just repeat the procedure to put the NVR password back again to what you want.

The other method is to reset the cameras:
  • Plug a laptop into a spare PoE port on the NVR (if thats where your cameras are connected. Manually set the IP of that laptop to 192.168.254.100 (as that's in the range of the PoE connected cameras)
  • Log into the first camera. Goto Config > Maintenance > Default. Wait a few moments until the camera is rebooting and immediately unplug it
  • Repeat the above for the above for the second camera
  • Set the camera activation password to whatever you want or set it the same as the NVR password
  • Plug both cameras back in. The cameras will be activated using plug and play with the new activation password.
  • If they don't reappear after 5 minutes don't panic, just reverse them (cam 1 in cam 2 port, cam 2 in cam 1 port) and they'll reappear. Once they do you can put them back the right way around.

Back