01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Pulsating In Night Vision / Other Camera Randomly turning off?

ineedhelp

Hi there as the title suggests I have a camera which is pulsating in night vision, I have attached a we transfer link for you to see, another camera is also doing this just no where near as bad.

I also have another problem where a different camera will randomly shut off and I will need to reboot the system for it to come back on.

- I have tried a new NVR entirely

- I have tried a new power cord

when I tried the new NVR I was having exactly the same problem as the old NVR just with different cameras, it appears that on each NVR i test it has a particular port that is the problem and whichever camera i plug into that port it will eventually go off this seems to be the case for the 2 i have tested.

These are Annke cameras, I posted it here as I beleive they are made by hikvision to some extent, hope that is ok

Annke themselves appear to have no idea at the moment what is wrong , though they are trying to help

thank you

Hi @ineedhelp

Do you have the cameras connected to the NVR using factory-made patch cables or cables you/your installer cut & terminated?

Can you provide the model numbers for the Annke NVR and cameras?
How many cameras do you have connected when you see this issue?

NVR Model Number - N46 PCK

Camera Model Number -151dm

it happens when 12 cameras are connected also happens when 10 are connected,

I should also point out that the pulsating is intermittent on the camera you see there in we transfer file however I have another camera doing the same thing but to a much lesser extent which does it continuously

Thanks @ineedhelp

From what I can see of Annke's limited specs it does look like that NVR model should be able to support 10-12 of those cameras.

We did have another intermittent issue with Annke products mentioned on the forum before and the issue was resolved with firmware, I would recommend speaking directly to Annke and asking them for the latest firmware for the NVR and cameras.

Thanks @ineedhelp

From what I can see of Annke's limited specs it does look like that NVR model should be able to support 10-12 of those cameras.

We did have another intermittent issue with Annke products mentioned on the forum before and the issue was resolved with firmware, I would recommend speaking directly to Annke and asking them for the latest firmware for the NVR and cameras.
Hi Dan they already sent me the lasest firmware and its still happening

what could be the common causes for this?

could i get a better power adapter to supply more power?

could it be that the nvr just has this problem built in ?

thanks

Hi @ineedhelp

There is very little else we can recommend because we have never been hands-on with Annke and have never seen an issue like this.

The closest we have had is flickering impacting one camera, but that was to do with the camera image/sensor settings being set incorrectly and reacting to the frequency of the light bulbs being used in the room.

But your cameras are doing this in the dark, under IR, and it is happening to different cameras in different locations.

I think you would be best off reporting the issue to who you bought it from, if they can't resolve the issue it should be classed as faulty and you can arrange a warranty return (if still under warranty).

Hi Dan thanks for the info

I have sent a video to your email of the cameras doing something simular during the day to see if that sheds any light on things ?

subject line - Attention Of Dan =]

if not no worries i will contact annke

thank you

=]

I've had a look, the pulsing is very faint in these daytime images.

It seems to cycle across multiple cameras and looks like glitchy software.

Annke is an OEM/rebadged brand of Hikvision and so their core software is Hikvision, but when the product range is created the Hikvision software is customised to suit what Annke want and it could possibly be that some change that has been made to that base software has generated this strange glitch.

I've had a look, the pulsing is very faint in these daytime images.

It seems to cycle across multiple cameras and looks like glitchy software.

Annke is an OEM/rebadged brand of Hikvision and so their core software is Hikvision, but when the product range is created the Hikvision software is customised to suit what Annke want and it could possibly be that some change that has been made to that base software has generated this strange glitch.
ok thanks again Dan i think i will ask them for a different NVR model see how that goes appreciate your time

Reactions: Dan
Back