01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cameras Offline - Can't Set Up?

mistergrumpy

Hello from a newbie, I'm sorry to jump straight in but I'm being driven mad.
Before Christmas I instanned 3 colorvue IPC-T259H cameras and a HikVision NVR 104MH NVR to the house and still can't get them working corrcetly.
I could see all the camera footage on a monitor next to the DVR but I didn't know the password to access the web interface. After much messing and contacting HikVision I came across it, it was CCTV12345 instead of just 12345 as has been suggested. Anyway, at this time I had unlugged everything from the NVR and when reconnecting everything no cameras were appearing. I messed around with settings and searched on the various forums to discover that I'd not put the cables into the same PoE sockets but by now the cameras are showing offline, 2 with "name or password does not exist" and 1 seems to not exist but I suspect that to be cabling issues as the lights don't illumate on the PoE socket.
All I can come up with is that the cameras IP addresses for the cameras do not match the IP addresses of the PoE sockets but I'm stumped what to do.
I've read everything and it's confusing because some of the guidance shows different versions of the interface thing and some use terms and language that I'm not familiar with.
HikVsision simply replied saying I needed to reset the cameras but I don't know how, they don't have memory card slots in them.
Can anyone offer any guidance at all before I uninstall it all and post it to HikVision in frustration please?
Thanks

Hi @mistergrumpy

One other thing you can try is switching the NVR channels from 'Plug & Play' to 'Manual' and then back to 'Plug & Play', this should default the channels back to unused and if the cameras are also using a default password like the NVR they should activate the NVR channels with the IP addresses already assigned to the cameras and the default password.

(To switch from P&P to Manual you need to login to the NVR, go to the Camera Management page, click edit/modify on each channel, and a pop-up should appear with the option to switch)

If the above doesn't work, you will need to connect the cameras to a separate PoE injector/switch, try enabling DHCP in the SADP Tool using the default NVR password you mention above, and if that works you can then login to the cameras using a browser and hard reset them from the Maintenance menu.

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps a silly question to ask but would I switch bewteen plug/play to manual with the cameras plugged in or unplugged?

So, whilst reaching up to get the NVR, a sticker fell down and revealed the password for IP camera activation to me. This has allowed me to change the IP addresses of them on SADP and the cameras are now showing as online after a little messing however I have no video appearing on the live view, Not sure what the isse is here as I have seen the video appear previously before I unplugged everything.

Back