01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot connect two way communication on Hik Connect

gbems

I am trying to enable two way communication on hik connect
I can here the audio, however when i try to talk to them they are unable to hear me.
I am using hik connect,

Pls can anyone assist

Hi @gbems

What camera model do you have and what firmware are you running?

I have a Qtron 5mp IP smart auto tracking bullet PTZ 10x zoom microphone and speaker. QT-HD345T-350RM-AI
While I am using a hikvision 4channel POE IP NVR.
I have connected the cameras direct to the NVR, using their default ip addresses and I have connected the Nvr to the network using static IP.

Hi @gbems

What camera model do you have and what firmware are you running?

Hi Dan,

I am using a QT-HD345T-350RM-A1 5MP smart auto tracking ptz IP camera with microphone and speaker.

I have connected the two cameras to a 4 channel POE hik vision NVR using their default IP address. I have connected the NVR to the network using static IP.

Ok, it is unlikely you will be able to use the 2-way audio function of a 3rd-party camera, especially when accessing through the Hik-Connect app, as it is likely connected using the ONVIF standard which does not support all functionality of 3rd-party cameras you may not have control of audio while connected this way.

Below is our forum guide on setting up audio on a Hikvision camera, I would don't know your camera brand so I am not sure how audio works on those cameras but I would definitely recommend logging directly into the camera and check audio settings are set correctly in the camera.

Back