01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cant change IP address (or connect anymore)

redethernet7

Since changing my router, my IP camera stopped working :(
I would like to change the IP address and point it to a new address, so my router can pick it up...

Steps I took:
I have tried to connect it directly to a windows computer, pinged it to tell me the IP address
Changed the IP address using IP4V properties
but my NVR is not picking it up

Brand: Unknown
Port is 8899 if it helps
Original IP 192.168.0.10
New IP: I want to move this to 192.168.1.124

Can someone advise me?
Thanks

Hi @redethernet7

We have only ever done this with branded IP cameras, usually branded IP cameras will have their own manufacturer-specific IP utility tool that scans the local network for both IP addresses and MAC addresses which means it can still find and list cameras not on the local network range.

The only way I can think of you being able to do it with an unbranded/OEM camera would be to plug the camera directly into your PC and change the PCs NIC (Network Interface Card) to the same IP range as the camera (192.168.0.xxx). Once you have done that you should be able to log directly into the camera with a browser and change the cameras IP address to the new range (192.168.1.xxx), change the PC NIC address back to the old address and reconnect the camera to your local network and it should now be visible on the new router network.

If this doesn't work then your only other option is to hard reset the camera.

Thanks but its not allowing me to access the IP when connected directly to network card of the computer (ip is verified with the network settings)
I remember accessing the config page before but after the new router change, its not being picked up
There is no way I can access the config yet, still trying to get a connection hence I am stuck.

Is there another way to check connectivity is confirmed?

If you directly connected the camera to your PC, change the PCs NIC address range to match that used by the camera, and you still cannot log in then the only other thing I can recommend is that you hard reset the camera.

Do you know how to hard reset, I cant find a button
It is unbranded (unfortuantly I was sold a copy of a dahua, and it has a model number of XMIPC6 709 500W)
I tried googling it and didnt find anything

Hi @redethernet7

The attached PDF shows where the reset button is and how to use it on a few different Dahua IP camera form factors, which might help in the case that your camera is similar to one of those shown in there.

Attachments

thanks, kind of disappointed, opened it up yesterday and couldnt find a reset button
it might go on ebay for someone who is able to fix it

Back