01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't connect to Hikvision DVR on local network using Web browser? (Can using app)

wezaa

Hi all,
I've had my cameras and DVR (or NVR. Not sure what it's called) for about 6 years. All worked great until a year or so ago.
I had the old app on my phone and replaced that with new hik-connect app and that works for both local network and remote viewing.
But i use to be able to enter the local IP address for the DVR into my web browser (on PC and mobile device) and access my DVR to make changes to the setting and view the cameras.
For a year or more, access via browser/IP has stopped working and I have no idea how to get it working again.
The DVR is in the loft, so I'd like to be able to access it remotely to change the settings so i don't have to climb up there.
There is a "remote configuration" button in the hik-connect app for the remote profile, but when i click it, it shows a loading circle and then says "Connection Failed".
Please if anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I would appreciate the help. Thank you

Hi all,
I've had my cameras and DVR (or NVR. Not sure what it's called) for about 6 years. All worked great until a year or so ago.
I had the old app on my phone and replaced that with new hik-connect app and that works for both local network and remote viewing.
But i use to be able to enter the local IP address for the DVR into my web browser (on PC and mobile device) and access my DVR to make changes to the setting and view the cameras.
For a year or more, access via browser/IP has stopped working and I have no idea how to get it working again.
The DVR is in the loft, so I'd like to be able to access it remotely to change the settings so i don't have to climb up there.
There is a "remote configuration" button in the hik-connect app for the remote profile, but when i click it, it shows a loading circle and then says "Connection Failed".
Please if anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I would appreciate the help. Thank you
Wezza,
As you can view and playback on the App, what IP address do you use for that? Let us know the model number and firmware release of the NVR / DVR.

David

Wezza,
As you can view and playback on the App, what IP address do you use for that? Let us know the model number and firmware release of the NVR / DVR.

David
Hi David,

I actually managed to sort it. I needed to enable DHCP. That got it working.

Thank you.

Hi David,

I actually managed to sort it. I needed to enable DHCP. That got it working.

Thank you.
Does your router assign a fixed IP address to the NVR? Using dhcp when you reboot your router the NVR IP address could change and you’ll lose connection to it.

Does your router assign a fixed IP address to the NVR? Using dhcp when you reboot your router the NVR IP address could change and you’ll lose connection to it.
That was my concern too. But it has remained at the same local IP after I enabled DHCP.

I was, however, trying to get ddns to work. I managed to get it to say connected on the DVR, but when trying to connect it to my hik connect app on my phone, I couldn't get it to.

I've instead used the hik connect protocol (platform access in settings). But the strange thing is. When I was using the hik connect protocol first, and I setup ivms 4200 on my pc. When trying to show live feed it said I needed to enter an encryption key. But I don't have one I can fine anywhere in the setting of the DVR nor do I even have an open to enable or disable encryption.
But when I disabled platform access, the live feed started working, but then the remote access live feed in my hik connect app stopped working.
So I turned platform access back on and now the app and ivms both work fine..

That was my concern too. But it has remained at the same local IP after I enabled DHCP.
it may change after a router reboot. On my NVR / Cameras DHCP is enabled but I've setup router DHCP reservation (MAC binding) to assign fixed IP addresses to the NVR / Cameras.

it may change after a router reboot. On my NVR / Cameras DHCP is enabled but I've setup router DHCP reservation (MAC binding) to assign fixed IP addresses to the NVR / Cameras.
My router seems to do this relatively automatically. Never assigned a new one to my PC or phone.

But I have used the DHCP setting in my router to assign a fixed IP to the DVRs MAC address as suggested. Thanks.

Back