01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CCTV backup

itnorvik

Hello,

i have a 32 channel DVR Model (DS-7332HGHI-SH) with a 6TB surveillance disk, i need to backup up footage in the disk but in a quick way, the only option so far i have is to copy the footage for each day to the USB flash disk and then transfer the usb flash disk to the PC and also copy it to the desktop and the cycle continues, the data i need to backup is for more-than 2 month for all the 32 cameras, it took me 4 days to backup 19 days for one camera since my usb flash disk is small, is there any way i can export all this data in one go to another external disk remotely, i tried connecting a 1TB, 2TB, 4 TB seagate external disks to my DVR and it was not able to read any of the disks, this is making my work very tiresome and i can not go for this continuous cycle. anyone who can suggest the easiest and faster way to copy all this data is appreciated.
if there is any software which i can be advised to use which can help me export the data from the disk to another disk remotely i will be happy since it will have saved me a lot of time.
Note each camera's footage for 1 day from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm is between 12-14 gb, if i say that i copy 24 hours for each camera you can imagine how big the data will be and how long it will take me to achieve this task.

Hello,

i have a 32 channel DVR Model (DS-7332HGHI-SH) with a 6TB surveillance disk, i need to backup up footage in the disk but in a quick way, the only option so far i have is to copy the footage for each day to the USB flash disk and then transfer the usb flash disk to the PC and also copy it to the desktop and the cycle continues, the data i need to backup is for more-than 2 month for all the 32 cameras, it took me 4 days to backup 19 days for one camera since my usb flash disk is small, is there any way i can export all this data in one go to another external disk remotely, i tried connecting a 1TB, 2TB, 4 TB seagate external disks to my DVR and it was not able to read any of the disks, this is making my work very tiresome and i can not go for this continuous cycle. anyone who can suggest the easiest and faster way to copy all this data is appreciated.
if there is any software which i can be advised to use which can help me export the data from the disk to another disk remotely i will be happy since it will have saved me a lot of time.
Note each camera's footage for 1 day from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm is between 12-14 gb, if i say that i copy 24 hours for each camera you can imagine how big the data will be and how long it will take me to achieve this task.
There maybe an option to record the NVR to NAS with a suitable RAID setup. Depending on your backup strategy your NAS disks can be swapped out for offsite storage.

There maybe an option to record the NVR to NAS with a suitable RAID setup. Depending on your backup strategy your NAS disks can be swapped out for offsite storage.
Hello David,
thanks for your response, as of the current setup there is no other option of copying this footages faster outside this Disk in the DVR?

No its not there.
Is this the back of your DVR? if the eSATA socket is not there the DVR must be an earlier hardware release.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 15.29.00.png

Back