01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connect NVR to NVR

Scobie

I have a Hikvision DS-7608 NVR and a ZIP 308 NVR. I plugged both NVRs into a network POE switch and instantly the Hikvision 7608 found the four ONvif cameras on the ZIP NVR. I experimented by plugging Onvif cameras directly into the network switch with no luck. I refigured the NVRs back on the switch so that I could see the ZIP 308 Onvif cameras on the Hikvision 7608 but now cannot see the ZIP 308 cameras on the Hikvision 7608. I don’t understand how the Hikvision 7608 found the ZIP cameras automatically but now can’t see them. The ZIP 308 does see the Hikvision 7608 cameras. I factory defaulted both NVR’s thinking that with default setting they would see each other again but no luck.

DHCP is off, Subnet Mask the same, Gateways are the same, Channel on the Hikvision is set at 2 Onvif.

Any thought on how to configure the Hikvision 7608 so it can see the ZIP cameras or point me to a Hikvision ‘How To’ that will help me would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @Scobie

In the Hikvision NVRs network settings, what is the Internal network card IPv4 address of the NVR?
Does the ZIP NVR have a similar subnet/NIC address? Is it the same as the Hikvision NVR?

Hi Dan, Hikvision IPv4 address is 192.168.254.1 Zip NVR IPv4 address is 192.168.010.254

Thanks @Scobie

These IP address ranges are what the NVR uses to assign IP addresses to directly connected cameras when you first configure them.

I assume for some reason your ZIP NVR had its subnet/NIC address set to the same range as the Hikvision NVR which would explain why you could see those directly connected cameras (and why you couldn't when you moved them to the switch - your LAN IP range will be different to that subnet range and thus the camera can't be accessed without changing their IP address).

You could try changing the ZIP NVR subnet range to match the 192.168.254.1 range of the Hik NVR and then hard reset each camera. Then when you reconnect the cameras to the PoE ports on the ZIP NVR they should be assigned subnet addresses on the same range as the Hikvision cameras.

The issue might be that the ZIP NVR will probably auto-assign IP addresses already used by the Hikvision cameras because these addresses are internal IP ranges for each NVR and don't directly interact with each other.

I have a DS-7732NI-M4-24P NVR and a DS-E04NI-Q1-4P NVR. Both are setup at different locations. I have port forwarded the DS-E04NI-Q1-4P NVR. So remotely I can add the DS-E04NI-Q1-4P NVR to my DS-7732NI-M4-24P and choose the cameras to add. The problem is that I can view the streams, but I would like to control the PTZ which is connected to the DS-E04NI-Q1-4P using my DS-7732NI-M4-24P. It does not not allow me to do this. Is there a way to remotely control the PTZ difrectly from a remote NVR. I know I can do it from HikConnect, etc. But want to do it using the remote NVR?

Back