01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dahua vs HikVision - IVMS-4200 vs SmartPSS (From Control Perspective)

Marco Hill

I just want to comment something in connection with Dahua vs HikVision in connection with their desktop software and the use.

HikVision IVMS-4200 - In the main we use HikVision and currently running over 400 cameras on the system which still works well using smart events to monitor different places.

The limit is actually 256 cameras but it still lets you connect more without any problems.

One thing to note:

IVMS-4200 best works with NVRs and cameras connected via static IPs. Connecting camera systems via Hik-Connect on IVMS-4200 does not seem to work that well, the alarms don't always come through, its lags etc.

Dahua SmartPSS - We also running just under 60 IP cameras on this system.

We have the cameras connected similar to the way you would connect Hik-connect to IVMS-4200.

The plus point I would say to this is that it works well without needing the static IP. Camera smart events alarm and no lags.

One can configure a system whereby having a cheap internet system with a cheap standalone computer connected to it. One can Anydesk onto the computer and set the alarms on the NVR. This is how one does not need to go through the pain of having a static IP. I am about to add to this system in a different location. I was going to go with HikVision but as it's somewhat temporary I am going to go with Dauha instead. I can then relocate the system as needed without much hassle.

So I would say if you have the option of getting a static IP use HikVision with IVMS-4200 otherwise look at using Dauha.

Back