01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Domestic home idea/installation advice

freezen

Hi,

I’m new to the CCTV camera world and have so far only installed a basic Amazon type IP cam (for trial more than anything).

I’m now looking to get something decent with bullet and/or turret cams and was thinking along the lines of the Annke H500 system - H500 - 5MP 4 Channel 2 Camera PoE Security CCTV System, Colour Night Vision, Built-in Mic & SD Card Slot, RTSP & ONVIF Supported, Works with Alexa to cover a small domestic home. This comes with two cams and I’d like the option to install one or two more, so it seems ideal.

I think a PoE system would be better for me as I can’t always ensure there’d be a power point where needed otherwise and Ethernet is more reliable and secure. I’ve also chosen Annke as I understand that they’re a rebranded HikVison product (maybe?)

If pushed, I could do the installation myself but would prefer a professional job done from somebody with experience (UK, postcode CF37).

Also, if one of the additional cameras I install in the future is at the far end of the garden (circa 30m from the house) how would this be linked to the NVR (there is power available there)?

Given the above, I’d be very grateful for any advice, comments and suggestions as to my proposal, alternative suggestions and anything related.

Budget is circa £400 (inc. installation).

Thanks

Hi @freezen

For your budget a commercial product like Annke is fine, we can't really offer any detailed info about the quality of their products as we sell the main Hikvision range so have no experience with any of their rebadged brands.

PoE is the simplest way to set up a network IP CCTV system as you only need to run one cable to each camera rather than two.

In regards to installation, we can't recommend anyone in your specific area that has experience so we would recommend just googling for "IP CCTV installer", "Network CCTV installer", "Security Installer", etc... and see which ones are highly rated in your area, you may need to check with them if they are happy to install a system you have already purchased as some installers will only install products they supply.

For the camera at the end of your garden, we would recommend connecting a network camera to your local network using either a Powerline device (will work as long as the power at the end of the garden is on the same circuit as the main property) or a Point-to-Point WiFi Bridge.

Back