01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL POE working but no network link?

montydon

I have three HikVision cameras, bought from use-ip, which have been working perfectly for months.

On Sunday one of the DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL cameras went offline.

I cannot ping it and it's not showing in SADP.

It is still powered up via POE because the white strobe is being activated when I walk in front of it.

But on my network switch only the POE light is showing, the network link light is not on.

So somehow the camera is powered up but isn't negotiating an ethernet connection

I tried changing to a different port on my switch, power cycling and also a factory reset but still no dice.

Because it's not establishing an ethernet connection it's not appearing in SADP and of course I cannot ping it.

Is this camera dead? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to revive it?

Can't believe it hasn't even lasted 6 months before dying on me!

Last edited:
The network switch in question - do you have other devices plugged into it that are working and showing network activity lights?

Just trying to rule out hardware problem with the switch. I have had cases in the past with switches where the network fails and the PoE is still working as well as the other way around - the PoE fails but the network still works.

And when you say you have tried power cycling and factory reset - I assume you mean the camera (rather than the switch)? Can you confirm?

What type of network cable are you using for connection? Is it a 'home-made' self-crimped cable - or a factory produced ready made cable?

Is there a possibility you can get the camera next to the POE switch with a short factory made network cable and test to see if the camera will come to life, so that you can rule out a faulty cable connection.

Back