01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A NVR Live view issues?

foppe

I've always used Live view via a internet explore and are really missing it. Internet explorer was old, but it worked fine.
Now I have to view it from my mobil phone using IVMS4500.

Is it possible to update my "DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A" so I can use live view via Web browser again like I used to?

Current firmware version is V3.4.95 build 170626.
encoder verion: V5.0 build 170228
Web version: V4.0.1 build 170124

Hi @foppe

Your NVR model is an old end-of-life model and Hikvision is no longer releasing feature firmware updates, from what Hikvision have told us we don't believe they have any plans to bring modern browser support to these old NVR models.

You can access these older models from your desktop PC/laptop using the iVMS-4200 software.

I think your NVR model will support this slightly newer firmware - V3.4.106 Build191009 - but I don't think this will give you the modern browser support.

Yes I thought so, thank you for your answer.
Would buying a newer model 7604 or a 7608 solve the issue?

I'm not so familiar with the specs and don't know the differences on NI or NXI K1, K2 or Q1.
if you could give me a little help on which one to choose would be great.

Last edited:
Hi @foppe

We would recommend a DS-7608NI-M2/8P as that will definitely give you the browser support and as one of the newest NVR models it will continue to receive regular firmware.

I will buy this one then. It's a bit more expensive, but the expectation of longer firmware support won me over.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Back