01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-I2/8P v4.61xxx firmware update(reboot loop) and then abnormal shutdown issues?

T3rmina80r

Hi

So been running a DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR for many years running firmware V4.22.005 build191208

Decided on weekend to upgrade to latest firmware from portal V4.61.025 build220905 which is where my problems began.

The NVR was bricked and stuck in a constant reboot loop.

After numerous attempts as the HIKVISION TFTP software was stuck on 'transmitting loop' due to not supporting larger firmware file sizes, I managed to recover using a Linux server and third party TFTP software to upload an older firmware.

I'm now running V4.60.005 build 220108, however not without the below issues ;

Uploading any of the V4.60 builds it seems I can now only run 2 cameras, as soon as a third is setup/active in the NVR it has random reboots, where log shows abnormal shutdown errors.

Im tempted to see if I can downgrade to a V4.5xxxx build and see if it will support the 3 cameras again without reboot issues.

Anyone any experience they can provide/share on current status around firmwares?

I read that there is a know issue possible with NVR units starting the 9 digit serial number with 589xxxxxx

Thanks

Hi @T3rmina80r

If your NVR does have a 589xxxxxx serial number then it might be a model impacted by that previously confirmed issue, but those users were reporting boot loops that were so frequent they couldn't even use 3rd-party TFTP to downgrade the NVRs, so I'm not sure it is exactly the same issue.

We would recommend trying to downgrade the firmware to v4.5xxxxx and if the issues are still present then probably the only remaining option will be to hard reset the NVR to see if defaulting all the settings will clear these issues/glitches.

Thanks for the response Dan....
Im going to give it a try which will give me my answer but assume there is a path to downgrade from v4.6xxxxx back to v4.5xxxxx?
Im sure I read somewhere that it wont allow downgrade to v4.5 but maybe wrong
Thanks

Back