01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Email alerts suddenly stopped

jarmour

I have one DS-2CD2132F-IS inherited from the previous owner of my house. The camera is running under Firmware 5.4.42 build 171030. It is set for both line crossing and intrusion detection. It has been working more or less OK for the last year and I have been receiving email alerts when events occur. I rarely access the camera either through the iVMS-4200 software or browser, only doing so if there's a problem, such as once after a powercut, and initially to tweak the settings for event notification to reduce false positives.

However, since Wednesday of last week, all automatically generated email notifications have ceased. I have made no changes at all to the system for many weeks. I don't think it's an email problem since I can still get the camera to send test emails without any problem. Line and intrusion detection are still checked though I am unable to see details of either in any browser, whether Safari, Chrome or Firefox since all say "No plugin detected" even though the Mac plugin is installed (I reinstalled the latest it to be sure) and I can't find it in the iVMS software either.

Can anyone suggest what might be at fault here and a fix?

Thanks

John

Have you tried Internet Explorer? I am able to see the live view and set line and intrusion settings on the image preview windows. Try update the camera firmware too.

Does the same thing happen for a secondary email? Gmail or Microsoft accounts are not the best to test with in my experience.
1539543718066.png

Does the same thing happen for a secondary email? Gmail or Microsoft accounts are not the best to test with in my experience.
View attachment 1350
I have tried a few different email addresses and that seem to be OK. But they were all for the main address. I’ll try setting one for the secondary address. Not tried Explorer. I’ll give it a try too. Thanks.

Back