01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Error message - "The door Station is not responding. Check whether the door Station IP address is correct."?

The_Z

Hi, I have now all but given up connecting my indoor station to the doorbell.

Briefly - I have a number of Hikvision IP cameras connected to my NVR (all working fine). I also have a Hikvision doorbell (connected via POE Injector) and an Indoor Station (connected to the Wi-Fi). Both the NVR and Injector connect to a Gigabit Powerline kit as our router is too far to run ethernet over the house. All of this has been setup using IVMS and I have the Hik Connect app working fine. In fact the door Station rings on my phone via the Hik Connect app and the indoor station is capable of also accessing a 60 second live view of the door Station. The issue is the door Station will not ring on the indoor station. I assumed there was an issue in IVMS with the Group Network Settings, but having resorted to trial and error I'm no closer to getting the indoor station to ring. I had planned to buy a couple more (one for each floor of the house) but this is pointless until I can get the first indoor station working. I seem to rember the indoor station ringing once after setup, but I now just get this error on the indoor station "The door Station is not responding. Check whether the door Station IP address is correct."

Odd that live view is available through both the indoor station and Hik Connect app and that the door Station rings and is useable through the Hik Connect app, but not through the indoor station? I'm basically stuck now and as this is all completely new to me I'm not sure I have the time or effort to start again, particularly as I had zero knowledge of CCTV or IP addresses and this whole process has been a massive learning curve, only possible thanks to the vast help and information from this forum.

Thanks

Hi, I have now all but given up connecting my indoor station to the doorbell.

Briefly - I have a number of Hikvision IP cameras connected to my NVR (all working fine). I also have a Hikvision doorbell (connected via POE Injector) and an Indoor Station (connected to the Wi-Fi). Both the NVR and Injector connect to a Gigabit Powerline kit as our router is too far to run ethernet over the house. All of this has been setup using IVMS and I have the Hik Connect app working fine. In fact the door Station rings on my phone via the Hik Connect app and the indoor station is capable of also accessing a 60 second live view of the door Station. The issue is the door Station will not ring on the indoor station. I assumed there was an issue in IVMS with the Group Network Settings, but having resorted to trial and error I'm no closer to getting the indoor station to ring. I had planned to buy a couple more (one for each floor of the house) but this is pointless until I can get the first indoor station working. I seem to rember the indoor station ringing once after setup, but I now just get this error on the indoor station "The door Station is not responding. Check whether the door Station IP address is correct."

Odd that live view is available through both the indoor station and Hik Connect app and that the door Station rings and is useable through the Hik Connect app, but not through the indoor station? I'm basically stuck now and as this is all completely new to me I'm not sure I have the time or effort to start again, particularly as I had zero knowledge of CCTV or IP addresses and this whole process has been a massive learning curve, only possible thanks to the vast help and information from this forum.

Thanks
I have the same issue.
I tried several times to install everything from zero

Could you please share a screenshot of SADP showing the model numbers of the kit and firmware that's running on everything?

Are you using the latest version of iVMS-4200 (V3.8.0.4)?

On the latest intercom firmware and iVMS-4200 version, the setup is now different and you need to add the indoor station to the device management page of the doorbell as shown here, which may be the issue - have you done everything exactly as per this video?

(@The_Z - sorry for the slow response to this!)

Back